my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Wade »

Actually they might of actually been different lengths as well. I tried a vb/vk manual rack first but they won't even bolt in, then I used the vl rack and had to modify that. I also had to modify the steering shaft as that's totally different as well. I used the vr top half and vl lower half, but it was a little longer then I liked. I'll take it back out when I get the time and just try to use the vl lower and top, see if it makes a difference
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Holden202T »

yeah starts to get a bit tricky trying to mix and match!
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Wade »

more progress
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by delcowizzid »

Your second sensor probably won't read correct in that spot you get a funny eddy form behind the first sensor seen a few people have issues. Best to clock it round 30+ degrees from the other sensor
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Wade »

I'm not to worried about the stock o2 sensor being behind the wb. Once all the turbo stuff goes back on, it'll all be different. Got to wait till Jan/fed for the new manifolds to be made.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by psyolent »

i need your inlet manifold wade for my hilux. i hate getting to that cunt of a dizzy buried in the firewall.
nice work mate.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:i need your inlet manifold wade for my hilux. i hate getting to that cunt of a dizzy buried in the firewall.
nice work mate.

why don't you get rid of the dizzy entirely? 8 individual coils is what you need :thumbup:
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Wade »

I'm waiting for vl400 to get back to me about it. I am going 8 coil set up, just waiting for the wiring or something like that
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by psyolent »

why don't you get rid of the dizzy entirely? 8 individual coils is what you need :thumbup:
you bet your ass vladster.
remember my V8 is dumb - runs old school dizzy. doesnt run delco. thats about to change though :D
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: my vr statesman, vr commodore and brothers vq

Post by Wade »

a little bit of progress
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.