plugs.....for your 165.

Wiring diagrams and questions
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

plugs.....for your 165.

Post by psyolent »

stumbled on these on ebay. they are 'new'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TPI-TBI-Camaro- ... nw&vxp=mtr

not sure if this helps anyone........they also are the same for the 808.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by vlad01 »

yeah those are readily available from at least one delphi supplier I use in the states. The are the delphi micropak 100 series connectors.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by psyolent »

thanks VSH.
so about the only unobtainium plug is the bosch ignition module one for the v8.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:thanks VSH.
so about the only unobtainium plug is the bosch ignition module one for the v8.
As far as Im aware yes, but they are the same family of connector seen on nissans. In fact the grey plug on the wiring loom on the commodore that goes to the connector near the fuse box is nissan, probably a left over design from the RB engine period. The 4 pin on the v8 module is that, a 4 pin version of the 8 pin used on the harness interface. You can buy those 8 pin nissan ones new so the 4 pin might not be obsolete but the other bosh one I think is.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by Dylan »

The Bosch connector has bigger terminals on the outside
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by psyolent »

the 4 pin is right VSH.
like dylan said the bosch connector has wider pins on the outside. it appears similar to that one you posted up.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by antus »

A lot of connectors are shared between oems, i noticed 'vl' mafs and connectors on a 4.8l rover v8 the other day....
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by vlad01 »

what I would like to know is where you would get the bulk head socket for the micro pack. I would love to get VL's programmable module and have an OEM style case made up and use the same connector as the ECU but obviously with different pin count so it can't mix up.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: plugs.....for your 165.

Post by Dylan »

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp? ... 001&eq=&Tp

Maybe get creative? they may have one's with a different keying.