Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:07 am
unrelated subject I found this beastly thing
holy shit! sounds so good.
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssA_O4GGhA [/youtube]
I guessed it before he even said it, on Clive!
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hn8bsGjCik [/youtube]
jenko
Posts: 450 Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6 jaguar v12 mitsubishi lancer fj cruiser sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic
Post
by jenko » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:45 pm
needs two 808's
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:09 pm
Might be a bit hard. This thing is odd fire. Ie. 90, 150, 90, 150 etc.
jenko
Posts: 450 Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6 jaguar v12 mitsubishi lancer fj cruiser sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic
Post
by jenko » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 pm
still easy just place crank angle sensors 30 deg apart and fit leads to suit firing order
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:25 pm
No what I mean is the crank has common pins so tdc for each cylinder is unevenly spaced. That's why you hear several spots in the rpm band where you hear harmonics.
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:27 pm
Actually I think I know what you mean now. Treat it as 2 inline 6 and split by 30 deg? Or would that be 90 deg? Depends on the crank configuration.
psyolent
Posts: 1597 Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi SY Ford Territory PD Hyundai nLine SE Ford Capri ....too many fucking bikes
Post
by psyolent » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:47 am
now they just need to get rid of pushrods to lessen the stresses on the valvetrain and it will be supercar territory
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17 am
Nope. Pushrod ftw!
Ford did just that and I don't see anyone raving about their dohc v8s.
jenko
Posts: 450 Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6 jaguar v12 mitsubishi lancer fj cruiser sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic
Post
by jenko » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:20 am
vlad01 wrote: Actually I think I know what you mean now. Treat it as 2 inline 6 and split by 30 deg? Or would that be 90 deg? Depends on the crank configuration.
that's what I am talking about
vlad01
Posts: 8550 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:31 am
jenko wrote: vlad01 wrote: Actually I think I know what you mean now. Treat it as 2 inline 6 and split by 30 deg? Or would that be 90 deg? Depends on the crank configuration.
that's what I am talking about
Also I would piss off that shite manifold with tpi and go dual plenum cross ram or possibly better still quad plenum and port injection. Quite a few hp extra will come from that.