Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

surely for something like that you need a trick individual runner setup with matching red stacks!

certainly sounds a bit different!
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by jenko »

yeah its pretty mild given the litres works out at 83 hp/L
my jag V12 , 5.4 litres is 570hp @ 6000 thats 105 hp/L
shame to hobble it with the manifolds after all the work to get it where it is
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Holden202T wrote:surely for something like that you need a trick individual runner setup with matching red stacks!

certainly sounds a bit different!
Yeah you could use itbs with plenums that have integral filters. Like f1 engines did. Plenums when configured
correctly whether itb or common tbs will outperform atmospheric itbs as plenums increase density beyond atmospheric levels. :thumbup:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Bit of a tangent, found a old PC at work. Wow old school. Haven't seen one of these since early high school.

It just got me thinking, I upgraded my PC a bit the other week with a 980GTX topped with EK water block so I can play the latest games at max settings with around 100fps.

An old game I had from win 98 days now doesn't work, got worse and worse with newer hardware due to poor legacy support ie DX7 lol. DX11 and 12 doesn't really support it property so it just dies.

So I might have some fun an take this PC and attempt to install win98SE and install any old games to see if I can get them working to their former glory.

Im just wondering if anyone might have some old PCI graphics cards as the mother board has no AGP slot and built in intel graphics :lol: :thumbdown:

looked everywhere on ebay and can't find a single PCI card, everything comes up as PCI-E. I'm chasing something between geforce 4 and 6 series PCI slot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

vlad. i will have a graphics card that suits mate. its yours.
i havent seen a slot1 cpu for aeons.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
jenko
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon
Location: Pine mountain .vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by jenko »

this any good for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ejukated
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

wow a slot processor. Last one I saw was a freak Celeron that took some massive overclocking!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

jenko wrote:this any good for you
thats AGP, but the processor would work well. PCI versions aren't common as it was marketed for people who didn't have a compatible AGP or missing it entirely,

AGP "accelerated graphics port"

PCI is just a general purpose interface and pretty slow in comparison. And many years later PCI-E "PCI express" was created primarily for graphic cards with capability for general purpose cards as well. The soon to come out PCI-E 4.0 is will be capable of 31.5GB/s at 16X lanes :thumbup: better than 33MB/s of PCI from back in the 90s :lol:
User avatar
ralcool
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:48 pm
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ralcool »

I have a drawer full of slot 1 cpus. Highest I think 733mhz.

And a rare dual socket server P3 motherboard, but no ecc ram to suit. Would possibly make a killer Pentium 3 dual core.....
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

haha, those were the days, i have a dual slot 1 xeon board with cpu's at work screwed to the wall in the storeroom, think it was a asus server board, can't recall if it has memory or not and plenty of old pentium cpu's, will grab some photos if im in there.