Has anyone here used trace32 before with a BDM?
I want to try debugging some raw firmware, eg a bin dump with no original source or code. I'd like to set breakpoints and view the memory at certain locations.
Is this possible via a GDB style debugging session, eg setting a breakpoint at a specific memory address?
TRACE32
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: TRACE32
I cant say I have. Do you have a link to this trace32 software? Im interested to have a read.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: TRACE32
http://www.lauterbach.com/doc/bdmppc.pdfantus wrote:I cant say I have. Do you have a link to this trace32 software? Im interested to have a read.
-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: TRACE32
I'm assuming a bdm is a standard debugging protocol, if that is the case I can probably use order software to debug with it. I suspect using something meant for the mpc will make it easier though.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: TRACE32
i think they used to also use that software with hardware like this back in the day to do the same debugging on 68HC11. Not particularly usefull other that for testing code. Maybe different now though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AED-ADVANCE-E ... 7675.l2557
http://www2.lauterbach.com/doc/news96_1.pdf
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AED-ADVANCE-E ... 7675.l2557
http://www2.lauterbach.com/doc/news96_1.pdf