Well I'll be able to test tonight then
PCMTec Development Blog
-
0xFFFF
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:20 am
- cars: 2008 FG G6E
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Oh. OK.
Well I'll be able to test tonight then
Well I'll be able to test tonight then
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Brilliant. Ill jump out the the XR8 today and grab a read 
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Somethig Id like to know is if the PCMs are cloned. As in if all security details are passed on if I write to another compatible ECU?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Seed key routine is stored at 0xC094 (see a few pages back I posted it up). I don't flash 0x0 -> 0x10000 as if that goes wrong you will brick the PCM. This is where the RTOS etc lives I believe. All I do is flash the calibration data from there onwards which is similar to what other tools do.Tazzi wrote:Somethig Id like to know is if the PCMs are cloned. As in if all security details are passed on if I write to another compatible ECU?
So if say you have a custom tuned PCM and they have locked it by modifying the security routine to use a different seed not only will my software fail to unlock the PCM but if it did it wouldn't write this back to the PCM.
I may investigate doing a full write down the track but as the only use would be to bypass copy protection from other companies I'm not sure it is something I'm interested in doing.
The software does however copy the entire VID block and VIN etc so you are essentially cloning the PCM, eg all calibration data and VIN. Not sure how you disable PATS normally, I know there is a bit you can disable and you can change the VIN in the code but I believe you need to do something else as well.
Iif anyone knows the full PATS disable procedure if you could post it up that would be very interesting.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Yeah, I understand where your coming from.rolls wrote:Seed key routine is stored at 0xC094 (see a few pages back I posted it up). I don't flash 0x0 -> 0x10000 as if that goes wrong you will brick the PCM. This is where the RTOS etc lives I believe. All I do is flash the calibration data from there onwards which is similar to what other tools do.Tazzi wrote:Somethig Id like to know is if the PCMs are cloned. As in if all security details are passed on if I write to another compatible ECU?
So if say you have a custom tuned PCM and they have locked it by modifying the security routine to use a different seed not only will my software fail to unlock the PCM but if it did it wouldn't write this back to the PCM.
I may investigate doing a full write down the track but as the only use would be to bypass copy protection from other companies I'm not sure it is something I'm interested in doing.
The software does however copy the entire VID block and VIN etc so you are essentially cloning the PCM, eg all calibration data and VIN. Not sure how you disable PATS normally, I know there is a bit you can disable and you can change the VIN in the code but I believe you need to do something else as well.
If anyone knows the full PATS disable procedure if you could post it up that would be very interesting.
But was thinking more the lines of a spare during R&D (And as a spare for 'just in case'). XR8 ECU's don't pop up regularly, so as time goes on, would be good to have a perfect spare to just drop in
Not sure Iv heard much in regards to ECU failures for the Falcons, but its something Id be interested in having sitting around. Plus passing it onto the next owner.
What goes around.. comes around (Well.. I hope!)
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Providing you get another ECU from the same model I don't see any issue as the RTOS should be identical. Eg all BF turbos etc seem to have the same part number from what I can see.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Sweet as. Guess we will find out!rolls wrote:Providing you get another ECU from the same model I don't see any issue as the RTOS should be identical. Eg all BF turbos etc seem to have the same part number from what I can see.
*Edit
Hmm.... I see a good FPV ecu to pickup... I would 'guess' it would be the same ecu being both 5.4L V8's...
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
I know people have flashed an "fg" tune into a bf before. However I'm not sure exactly what they have done, eg just copy the same maps over the top of each other etc. I suspect that they haven't actually flashed the entire PCM across.Tazzi wrote:Sweet as. Guess we will find out!rolls wrote:Providing you get another ECU from the same model I don't see any issue as the RTOS should be identical. Eg all BF turbos etc seem to have the same part number from what I can see.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
This is a BA FPV ECU Im looking at.rolls wrote: I know people have flashed an "fg" tune into a bf before. However I'm not sure exactly what they have done, eg just copy the same maps over the top of each other etc. I suspect that they haven't actually flashed the entire PCM across.
Number: 3R23-12A650-AKA
*Edit
Ahhh.. its a 5speed manual. I have a 4spd auto... so a full flash would probably be needed
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Auto and manual will flash over each other no problem, not sure if the car will actually drive but the PCM will definitely accept the file.Tazzi wrote:This is a BA FPV ECU Im looking at.rolls wrote: I know people have flashed an "fg" tune into a bf before. However I'm not sure exactly what they have done, eg just copy the same maps over the top of each other etc. I suspect that they haven't actually flashed the entire PCM across.
Number: 3R23-12A650-AKA
*Edit
Ahhh.. its a 5speed manual. I have a 4spd auto... so a full flash would probably be needed