VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Kroozer »

Hey Guys, Been lurking around here for awhile but first time posting

I have bought a June/95 VS V8 Auto Calais to use as a dedicated skid car :D
The other day when we took it out for a quick little test skid, if you put it in 1 when you get to a certain amount of Revs/Speed it automatically changes into 2nd (unlike the old autos which you could lock in gear)

So what I was wondering is it possible to alter something in the auto tune to stop it changing gear and permanently lock it in what ever gear you have selected?

I had a quick look about and done a search but didn't come up with anything to see if it had been covered before.

Thanks in advance, Grant :)

Image
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by immortality »

It's a safety feature Holden put in to save people from themselves and damaging the engine.

Best thing would be to convert to 11p (the VS bins aren't covered very well) and then adjust the shift tables to suit.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Holden202T »

this might provide some answers.... viewtopic.php?f=28&t=924&p=10927

I also agree, convert to $11P that will be the best one for what you want to do with it, can use the spark cut rev limiter then also.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Kroozer »

Thanks for the reply guys, So i'm using the $11C BMCZ1766 bin file (couldn't find $11P???) on the $11B_V106 XDF. Does this sound right?

So I think i've found the tables I need to adjust
Image
Jayme wrote:I did it in a VR auto bin... from memory, I got rid of the 1st gear auto shift, then turned off the kickback altogether, then for performance mode changed the shift points so it would never ever shift up even at part throttle and it would never shift down when you lifted the throttle and slowed down. end result = performance mode was 100% manualised having never touched anyhting other than the memcal, and normal mode was somewhat normal, except for the lack of kickback when you stab it.
Is performance mode when the Power button is on?

Sorry for the noob questions :| but Thanks again, Grant
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by The1 »

11p code files are here
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3798

Yep normal is eco mode and performance is power mode.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Holden202T »

Kroozer wrote:Is performance mode when the Power button is on?
yep and manual mode is when your playing with the stick.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Kroozer »

Thanks Guys :)

Currently trying to work out how to read/write/burn chips with a GQ-4x4... :shock:
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Kroozer »

Ok guys so I can read/erase/write/verify chips but when I write a modded bin file (modded in Tuner Pro) to the chip and plug it in I does the limp mode thing (engine light on, engine fan constant on). First time It done it I thought I buggered up the writing of the chip so I erased/write/verify the stock Un modded bin file back in and away it goes fine. So i'm guessing I can rule out the writing process and must be the bin file it's self.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Grant
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Dylan »

Using 11P? If another code possibly is a checksum issue.
Kroozer
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:42 am
cars: 91 VN SS
95 VS V8 Calais
01 VX V6

Re: VS V8 Auto Tune question?

Post by Kroozer »

Dylan wrote:Using 11P? If another code possibly is a checksum issue.
Using BPYS1476 bin (my stock VS V8 one) and modding it in Tuner pro

Can I write OSE_$11P V104 BLCC V8.bin on to my chip and it will work off the bat?

Edit: Got it working but missed apart of the tune so have touched that up and will try again tomorrow :D
Last edited by Kroozer on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.