yes please...your shoutvlad01 wrote:Damn straight!
Eaton/Harrop HTV1900 anyone?
been eyeing this off but cant yet justify the cost
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bertram/ ... 1122672720
yes please...your shoutvlad01 wrote:Damn straight!
Eaton/Harrop HTV1900 anyone?

Not really rare,see about 3 or 4 a year pop up on gumtree....cheap as chips in the states as nobody wants them, seen em on ebay for about 2 to 300us....shipping kills any saving though...vlad01 wrote:Wow thats cheap! those are super rare in the US let alone here.
Its a series 1 3800 L67 Eaton M62. Circa 93 ish
You really have to overdrive the shit out of it though. Its pretty small charger, designed for circa 2L engines. eg Merc Kompressor
.
I've heard those Tuff mounts transmit a fair bit of vibration. Has anyone tried them? Be good to have some first hand feedback.vlad01 wrote:Wow thats cheap! those are super rare in the US let alone here.
Its a series 1 3800 L67 Eaton M62. Circa 93 ish
You really have to overdrive the shit out of it though. Its pretty small charger, designed for circa 2L engines. eg Merc Kompressor
The Harrop I'm looking at isn't too bad at 3K, cheaper than a Whipple and from all the measurement and marking out on a spare block it will fit infinity easier due to built in bypass, available in lug mount and the mounting pattern misses everything allowing me to recess the whole charger into the plate while still having thread bosses on the bottom side of the plate for long enough threads and rigidity. The whole aim is bonnet clearance in VN/VP models.
looking to be about 20mm clearanceJust fits, thats with Tuff mounts which are a bit lower than new stock and will stop the engine lifting and the pulley hitting the bonnet. The charger is spaced 11.5mm from the LIM and thats also with the largest 85mm pulley available.
If I can get the complete technical drawing from Eaton or Harrop I should have a prototype adapter machined up at work in my spare time one of these days. For the final product I would also need to have a custom made elbow for the TB.
Yeah I have seen first hand, not sure what people mean by vibration? G's race car runs them and the crank has no counterweights. Still smoother that a inline 4 or ford 6 idling.ejukated wrote:I've heard those Tuff mounts transmit a fair bit of vibration. Has anyone tried them? Be good to have some first hand feedback.vlad01 wrote:Wow thats cheap! those are super rare in the US let alone here.
Its a series 1 3800 L67 Eaton M62. Circa 93 ish
You really have to overdrive the shit out of it though. Its pretty small charger, designed for circa 2L engines. eg Merc Kompressor
The Harrop I'm looking at isn't too bad at 3K, cheaper than a Whipple and from all the measurement and marking out on a spare block it will fit infinity easier due to built in bypass, available in lug mount and the mounting pattern misses everything allowing me to recess the whole charger into the plate while still having thread bosses on the bottom side of the plate for long enough threads and rigidity. The whole aim is bonnet clearance in VN/VP models.
looking to be about 20mm clearanceJust fits, thats with Tuff mounts which are a bit lower than new stock and will stop the engine lifting and the pulley hitting the bonnet. The charger is spaced 11.5mm from the LIM and thats also with the largest 85mm pulley available.
If I can get the complete technical drawing from Eaton or Harrop I should have a prototype adapter machined up at work in my spare time one of these days. For the final product I would also need to have a custom made elbow for the TB.