PCMTec Development Blog
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
New version recovery tested and works perfect so far cant fault it. Top work rolls.
-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Awesome. Can you get it to hold an FG file now?
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
I've tried a couple of ecu's still no luck no BF ECU will not hold an FG file for me. Will keep trying tho, have a couple more ecus ill try it on.
Last edited by 80gus on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Ok so an update on the editor. Spent the afternoon dicking around with WPF trying to get a simple coloured grid working like my winforms proof of concept and man it is convoluted and the performance sucks. Just simple stuff like trying to databind colour is impossible because the colour is dependent on all the cells (eg the heat map look you get). Because it doesn't pass a reference you have to compare the cell contents to the entire grid to figure out the x,y coodinates, then it does this on every redraw!! Winforms is much easier, but you don't get the nice MVVC UI Code seperation so I was at a bit of a loss what to do.
Anyway after some googling I got a trial copy of devexpress .net libraries, they have drag and drop docking panels (much easier than avalon dock) and also a nicer grid view along with some other controls. Its about $1k to purchase but if it is that good it'll save me time. Our work has a copy as well so I might use that license for development then buy it later on down the track, should be worth it in the time saved anyway.
Also you get free support for that money which is apparently very good. They also give you lots of sample applications with full source code which will save me lots of time. Can make very pretty applications with it as well.
Here is a sample app I just compiled up, going to use this as a base I think now.

Anyway after some googling I got a trial copy of devexpress .net libraries, they have drag and drop docking panels (much easier than avalon dock) and also a nicer grid view along with some other controls. Its about $1k to purchase but if it is that good it'll save me time. Our work has a copy as well so I might use that license for development then buy it later on down the track, should be worth it in the time saved anyway.
Also you get free support for that money which is apparently very good. They also give you lots of sample applications with full source code which will save me lots of time. Can make very pretty applications with it as well.
Here is a sample app I just compiled up, going to use this as a base I think now.

-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Can personally vouch for those libraries.rolls wrote:Ok so an update on the editor. Spent the afternoon dicking around with WPF trying to get a simple coloured grid working like my winforms proof of concept and man it is convoluted and the performance sucks. Just simple stuff like trying to databind colour is impossible because the colour is dependent on all the cells (eg the heat map look you get). Because it doesn't pass a reference you have to compare the cell contents to the entire grid to figure out the x,y coodinates, then it does this on every redraw!! Winforms is much easier, but you don't get the nice MVVC UI Code seperation so I was at a bit of a loss what to do.
Anyway after some googling I got a trial copy of devexpress .net libraries, they have drag and drop docking panels (much easier than avalon dock) and also a nicer grid view along with some other controls. Its about $1k to purchase but if it is that good it'll save me time. Our work has a copy as well so I might use that license for development then buy it later on down the track, should be worth it in the time saved anyway.
Also you get free support for that money which is apparently very good. They also give you lots of sample applications with full source code which will save me lots of time. Can make very pretty applications with it as well.
Here is a sample app I just compiled up, going to use this as a base I think now.
Its what Im currently using in new developments
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
What did you pay for devexpress? Also do you user resharper or any tools like that?Tazzi wrote: Can personally vouch for those libraries.
Its what Im currently using in new developments
-
jay woo
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
Maybe worth looking at these projects. I think they may use devexpress https://github.com/mattiasclaesson
-
MeZmeriZe
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am
- cars: 05 XR6T BA with Liquid LPG injection
76 XC Sundowner
91 Surf turbo diesel
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
rolls wrote:The read VIN on BA does return something but it is all nulls so it messes up when displayed, hence why the newline is broken as well when it prints to screen.
It taking 5 minutes is strange, mine only takes ~3 minutes to write even in recovery mode. Either the PCM you have must be slower, or perhaps the Mongoose is slower for some reason. Unsure either way I'll leave the extended timeouts there, no real down side to them.
Winner winner chicken dinner.
yep.. the mongoose is the first FEPS capable cable they made.. got replaced with the MongoosePro.. so it probably advertises slower speed? dunno, hard to believe it's that though as the FG flashed way quicker it was done in 1:57.
But who cares about a few minutes.. it works.. that's the point to take home. You've done a ton in such a short time frame. awesome stuff.
Weird.. BinaryEditor picks up the BA vin instantly. in fact so does Forscan.. it does it doing it's connect and detect phase. might be worth sniffing what forscan is doing.. forscan works with J2534, but it also works with plain old elm27 and it picks up all the info using both.
-
rolls
- Posts: 408
- Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:22 am
- cars: bf xr6t falcon
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
You can read the VIN directly fine. When you press auto detect it works, just not via obd.
I'm sure if I do some magic to the fucked up string it returns I can extract the VIN. Problem is every car is different.
Something to add to the list of things to do!
Nothing stopping you from sniffing the canbus and figuring it out yourself. You've got a VCM2 and a mongoose, just load up for scan and my program at the same time with both cables attached and ISO15765 sniffing enabled.
I'm sure if I do some magic to the fucked up string it returns I can extract the VIN. Problem is every car is different.
Something to add to the list of things to do!
Nothing stopping you from sniffing the canbus and figuring it out yourself. You've got a VCM2 and a mongoose, just load up for scan and my program at the same time with both cables attached and ISO15765 sniffing enabled.
-
MeZmeriZe
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:21 am
- cars: 05 XR6T BA with Liquid LPG injection
76 XC Sundowner
91 Surf turbo diesel
Re: Ford MPC565 Tuning
rolls wrote:You can read the VIN directly fine. When you press auto detect it works, just not via obd.
I'm sure if I do some magic to the fucked up string it returns I can extract the VIN. Problem is every car is different.
Something to add to the list of things to do!
Nothing stopping you from sniffing the canbus and figuring it out yourself. You've got a VCM2 and a mongoose, just load up for scan and my program at the same time with both cables attached and ISO15765 sniffing enabled.
yup, was gonna.. that's why I started wiring in the other OBD2 port..

Figured I'd use the VCX and that J2534 data miner app I found that I mentioned a page or two back...
Failing that I can already see any raw can packets on the bus using the Can to USB direct connection in the pic above. and failing that I have an Arduino and a can shield (also visable in the pic above)
If I naff all of that up, I also have two Rasberry pi's gen2's with socketcan ready to go.. I hadn't actually coded anything when you came along but I was well into collecting every bit of hardware and code I could find that would help.
Basically down the track I want to replace the entire ICC with a touch screen laptop. Currently I have a laptop under the seat hooked up to the colour ICC which is a touch screen.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_mHJsjBfuA[/youtube]

Car has since become a 6 speed manual and has FG seats and the entire dash from an Fairlane Ghia (all black plastic and chrome and woodgrain)

(that is for displaying datalogging not watching videos while driving.)
But since everything is basically just CAN, can't think of any reason the ICC can't be replaced, cluster too really..
But since I'm posting pics and vids and stuff I was wondering what you all drove around in.. so I figured I'd find out by seeing if anyone did a "b1tch please" when I posted mine...
old, but I love the facets.

what it looks like now.. kinda.

(sorry, i never need much excuse to pull out car photos.)
anyway, I'll leave now.. I guess the 10 cans of mothers and the fact that both my turbo PCM and my mongoose are fine affected me more than I suspected.