Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Here is the plate from Harrop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OZ38
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by OZ38 »

A couple of guys Stateside have bought the kits from Harrop with that adapter plate. I suppose you have to start with something, but one guy reported back the plate was a headache with the aftermarket fuel rails needed. Lots of notch out to make things fit.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Yes thats what they told me as well, but most had no issues.


You would need custom/aftermarket rails in any non stock SC anyway. No one would bother with junk stock rails anyway.


A nice thing with the plate is you can actually adapt L36 rails into a custom setup with some milling and laser cut brackets and mount direct to the sides of the plate.

I want to do a custom plate with built in PCV and also direct mount LSx map sensor and all other consierations taken. I have prototyping abilities at my disposal and it costs me nothing to mock up 2D milled parts.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Center is being sorted now, the guys at trans gear & diff had trouble finding the gears as 3.23 as it turns out is hard to find and only available 2nd hand. They finally got one today.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dylan »

Did some Falcons run that ratio?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

yes but apparently they are short pinion not long like the holden. I looked and you can buy them new for the ford but nothing listed anywhere for holden. There is 3.27 but no such ratio exists for this diff, only the earlier ford and alike.

3.23 is a factory item I believe in some models which explains why 2nd hand units is pretty much the only option.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Holden202T »

short pinion ? as in its a M78 but different length pinion shaft ?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I thought too its M78 but its M75 as per stamping on the gears.

I think the pinion length is same as M78 but in M75 form.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

new update on the pc saga.

A few updates and speed holes certainly made this laptop load faster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Gareth »

I still cant believe they let you have guns Vlad...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...