Most of my own cars are dual fuel (petrol-LPG) and I would like to be able to tune Map A to suit petrol and Map B to suit LPG.
My problem is I'm not sure if the various ECMs/PCMs control the switching with the same pin.
I assume the pin (B9) would be the same on the MAP ECMs 808-082-305 and even the 424. If the 424 is different what pin do I need?
Are the MAF PCMs pin B9 as well? or is each PCM different?
Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
From memory the 424 uses power mode for map b. Not sure on the wiring but guess you ground a pin for that.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
Thanks Dylan.
It's the pin, i.e. what particular pin, that I am unsure about.
It's the pin, i.e. what particular pin, that I am unsure about.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
I'll look it up later tonight when im home
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
Thanks, much appreciated.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
Map switching only applies to 11P and 12P. With 12P switched via pin B9 and 11P optionally via a flag using the factory fitted power/econ switch.
This is described in the 11P PDF in the 11P zip and by holden202t in his advanced 12P guide.
This is described in the 11P PDF in the 11P zip and by holden202t in his advanced 12P guide.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
I was assuming 11P but yes will need to be running that code.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
Thanks VL400. I'll have another look at those guides.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
its the first thing in the Advanced guide.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Wiring up to switch between Map A and Map B.
Thanks Holden202T
I knew pin B9, I now know of Pin B1 on the 424 thanks to the 11P.zip (thanks again VL 400) and Holden 202T's guide
Apexus has an installation guide for the VS V6 and it say's pin A9.
That's the info I was after but I'll keep looking to see if the other MAF PCMs are pin A9 as well.
I knew pin B9, I now know of Pin B1 on the 424 thanks to the 11P.zip (thanks again VL 400) and Holden 202T's guide
Apexus has an installation guide for the VS V6 and it say's pin A9.
That's the info I was after but I'll keep looking to see if the other MAF PCMs are pin A9 as well.