reviving this thread.
Can anyone make me a PCB file for a SMD diode array?
basically a long PCB strip of 100 1Kv 3A diode stacked side by side and maybe a wire wound resistor at one end as a current limiter when the caps discharge. Also a M4 or similar through hole for the mounting terminals. The diodes can be virtually stacked together as flash over won't be a prob as I will set the PCBs in resin .
diodes are these.
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/rectifier ... s/9033361/
I'm thinning of using a massive stack of MOTs in series and a big choke as the AC power supply. You can buy brand new MOTs for like 20-25 bucks each so a stack of 15 or more will do nicely.
High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
found this site and the prices are really good compared to the last time I was searching prototype PCB companies.
http://www.pcbway.com/orderonline.aspx
http://www.pcbway.com/orderonline.aspx
-
vlt304
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:46 am
- cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
Hmmmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
lol. I don't need a tinfoil hat coz....


-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
FFS...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
I dunno whether to be excited.. or shit scared for you lol
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
VSH can't you just use the laser printer / jaycar etching crap method. draw it up in eagle, print out etc. i've done heaps this way before.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
nah thats a pretty crap method, especially when you are making 20+ PCBs the same.
If you look at the link of the PCB prototyping service I posted up before, its not worth the hassle or cost to make your own.
If you look at the link of the PCB prototyping service I posted up before, its not worth the hassle or cost to make your own.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: High voltage experiments (tinfoil hat owners only)
works fine. not when you're doing 20 though 
some of those PCB houses are good. just hope they can ingest your file
some of those PCB houses are good. just hope they can ingest your file
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.