265 Hemi to efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

makes me wonder if you have fried the camira module ?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Yeah I reckon so but its good to hear someone come to the same conclusion. I have a new module ordered.

I reckon I have pretty much covered the rest of the ignition system with the MSD setup and I hope the final test was replacing the coil. I do know that the module has switched 12v going to it so cant think of any other conclusion than the module is fried.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by Holden202T »

I've seen them before output a signal to the ECM when cranking but not controlling the coil .... so you may have done that
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by kojab »

Without reading 64 pages,

Did you have a good heat sync on the Camira modual with the correct heat tranfer compound?
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Holden202T wrote:I've seen them before output a signal to the ECM when cranking but not controlling the coil .... so you may have done that
ok thanks
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

kojab wrote:Without reading 64 pages,

Did you have a good heat sync on the Camira modual with the correct heat tranfer compound?
Yes I do, thanks.
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

I have attached an excellent guide for diagnosing problems with GM ignition systems if any one is interested.

I need to make a remote starter cause its hard doing a lot of these tests while turning the key and its hard to get my wife out into a shed full of unburnt fuel vapours. Ha

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/gm/4.3L- ... cm-tests-1
heff0018
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:42 am
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by heff0018 »

Stuffed if I know, changed the module and still no spark. I need to start from scratch. Rechecked power to the module and all good but haven't been able to check the signal to the coil. Can I do this with a test light connected to the battery positive?. Cheers
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by kojab »

You will get no spark if the battery supply voltage falls below a certain threshold. I don't recall what the threshold is but some where around 7 to 9 volts, engine cranking speed is slow as expected.
This no spark scenario has occurred in two of my conversions where I have repositioned the battery in the boot and with the longer cables has caused a big voltage drop at the ECM during cranking. A new larger battery fixed my issues. Try a battery charger across your battery to see if the engine starts.

Also try and keep the two Camira trigger module wires (distributor signal) as short as possible and shield to ground will help if these wires are anywhere near high voltage.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: 265 Hemi to efi

Post by VK_3800 »

On the same track I had an issue with an old/dodgy relay causing a voltage drop - managed to start it once or twice but mostly it would just cough then sit there cranking. The relay was still working fine but upon cracking it open you could see the contacts were half burned out.