Gregs Fleet

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

G..............tell me about those auto mods. Stock VB or? Kitted? or just upping solenoid pressures in software to firm things up?

60kg. That is ALOT.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Gareth »

No kit, stock standard, has a B&M ratchet shifter and software mods only
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

what did it end up weighing in the end?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:G..............tell me about those auto mods. Stock VB or? Kitted? or just upping solenoid pressures in software to firm things up?

60kg. That is ALOT.
T5 time? thats another 70-85kg saving again.
Last edited by vlad01 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by firebug »

psyolent wrote:hey your mate with the auto what has he done to it in the way of modification to make it last?
I think he just gives it a gut full of good oil every couple of meets, and says a prayer...
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Holden202T »

lol not far wrong!

the auto is stock as, I don't think I've even played with shifts in it yet, he loves that you put the stick in 2nd and for most of the track its 2nd gear anyways, but it upshift from the start line for you then stays in second.... its also been LSDed and I think 3.23 or some sort of diff ratio like that.

firebugs L67 auto has had boost valve, corvette servo and we have plans to play with shift points and pressures, but really haven't run it enough yet to get any data, its also fitted with a B&M so it might benefit from the manualised first gear mod, but also might be better like the VX above just driving it in second.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

T5 time? thats another 70-85kg saving again.
over the auto? ie: it weighs that much less? really?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by psyolent »

thx sammy.
most of the track will be 2-3 work i figure. sandown would be anyway, exception might be the turn onto back straight. maybe. need to drive it in turismo again :)
i don't think i'd get 4th as i wouldnt have the power to get to 160+ to warrant a 4th selection.

theres a link in here where i think antus played with shift pressures using 11P, to get rid of the friggin slur, with good results too.

due to the stress of track work. anyone have any thoughts as to a water mister running off an arduino taking inlet temp readings? a nice little spray across the front of the radiator would help no end to cool power steer, tranny and engine ....
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by vlad01 »

psyolent wrote:
T5 time? thats another 70-85kg saving again.
over the auto? ie: it weighs that much less? really?
yes a T5 with oil is 35Kg and an auto is about 100-120kg mark full from specs I read in the rebuild manual. Of course you need to add 12.5Kg and another 7ish for the flywheel and clutch, so all up the T5 setup is about 55Kg. Half of the auto setup basically.

The getrag 5 speed is a tad heavier than the t5 but the down fall is the flywheel is at least 50% if not closer to 2x heavier than the t5 flywheel.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Gregs Fleet

Post by Holden202T »

I can lift a T700 I find it very hard to believe its that heavy!

and yeah on the shift pressures, when I had the ecotec in the torana I did a bit of tweaking, managed to get it easily to chirp into second gear just by bumping pressures!