Any body else into CNC conversions on here, here's one i'm working on - building, and one i have completed.
Allows me to build reluctor wheels timming covers and what not for me EFI conversions.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjEL-izUqU[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6GbNtBPsX8[/youtube]
Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
Nice toys ! Love the last video !
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
yes very nice toys 
unfortunately I have no money for other hobbies other than cars/tuning
unfortunately I have no money for other hobbies other than cars/tuning
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
i wish i had time for a hobby and money and space. I guess i do some fiddling at work they can afford it lol
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
I've started doing woodwork. I'm going to build myself a Paulk workbench and then a few things for around the house (really need shelving for the DVD/CD collection and books, fix an Edwardian table setting, lounge, and wardrobe)
After I have got the swing of using my new tools I'm going to build myself a flowbench.
Apart from that my only other "hobbies" are IT stuff (PFsense, Linux, Pen testing), and 4wdriving-camping-fishing-etc.
After I have got the swing of using my new tools I'm going to build myself a flowbench.
Apart from that my only other "hobbies" are IT stuff (PFsense, Linux, Pen testing), and 4wdriving-camping-fishing-etc.
-
80gus
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:56 am
- Location: Brisbane QLD
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
these machines are built as i can afford them, the first one I funded the seceond is being funded from work from the first, ive got about a million other projects on the go, i swing from 1 to the other all the time. (fortunate enough to have a 7 and 7 roster i guess) there is down sides tho i dont get to see my family for a 7 out of 14 daysHolden202T wrote:yes very nice toys
unfortunately I have no money for other hobbies other than cars/tuning
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
For me other hobbies are.
Animals.
Gaming PCs, bit of overclocking, custom water cooling etc..
High voltage experiments.
Still cars comprise 80% of my hobby time, of course Animals always take priority so they count towards the % figure.
Animals.
Gaming PCs, bit of overclocking, custom water cooling etc..
High voltage experiments.
Still cars comprise 80% of my hobby time, of course Animals always take priority so they count towards the % figure.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
Lol yeah, I guilty as for that haha. Being a service tech for multi purpose flat bed 3/4 axis CNC cutters I tend to use it to my advantage.The1 wrote:i wish i had time for a hobby and money and space. I guess i do some fiddling at work they can afford it lol
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
Planes, trains and automobiles.......
I also enjoy fabrication work although never really played with CNC stuff.
Thinking about getting a small jobbing lathe for home as access to the workshop at work is very limited these days. I've already picked up a 20ton shop press and have a small inverter arc welder but would like to add a AC/DC tig to that list as well.
edit: I should add I quiet like old steam engines, one day plan to build a small scale working model of some sort.
I also enjoy fabrication work although never really played with CNC stuff.
Thinking about getting a small jobbing lathe for home as access to the workshop at work is very limited these days. I've already picked up a 20ton shop press and have a small inverter arc welder but would like to add a AC/DC tig to that list as well.
edit: I should add I quiet like old steam engines, one day plan to build a small scale working model of some sort.
-
Macca97
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
- cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
- Location: Mid North Coast
Re: Apart from tunning what other hobbies you got?
love that second video mate, unfortunately 2nd yr apprentice wages dont pay the best, so really all i can do is play cars, and just keep learning new things
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell