Hi Everybody,
Have purchased a Spartan 2 and am looking for ideas as to where they have run the cabling through the cabin. Car is a Commodore VY.
Pretty keen to avoid drilling a hole if I can help it. Is there a spot underneath the the console? Or does everyone just run it along with the main PCM wiring harness through the same grommet in the firewall?
Wideband Install
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Wideband Install
for me it depends on the install, if its just for tuning then going to be removed, I normally just push out the floor grommets and feed it through that, but if its going to be a perm install i'll add it into the efi wiring through its grommet or something similar.... not a 5 minute job though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
brindo
- Posts: 333
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm
- Location: Western Queensland
Re: Wideband Install
Thanks for the advice.
Yep permanent install so I'll squeeze it in with the pcm harness.
Yep permanent install so I'll squeeze it in with the pcm harness.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Wideband Install
I ran mine up and in through the grommet with the aerial cable.
Comes in behind the PCMS if I remember correctly
Comes in behind the PCMS if I remember correctly