to be meticulously completed in the next 10 years!vlad01 wrote:Total restro.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Thats why I built the whole running gear and suspension first, give the body to Bendigo retro muscle cars, I learned my lesson last timeHolden202T wrote:to be meticulously completed in the next 10 years!vlad01 wrote:Total restro.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vlad's rides thread
You sound like me, no patience for panel work......
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Finally found a way to get to these suckers. This time around I took off the TB and elbow to ensure I don't bash the firewall and fuck up another TB shaft by bending it. That inevitably gave me the idea of trying to see if I could undo the pipes from the top. I found they are 1/2" and luck I had a 45º angled pipe spanner of 1/2" size. Just managed to crack them open and then used a small shifter to fight a good half turn or so where I could undo the rest with my fingers.
Reason I wanted to undo them is they would interfere with the tunnel when lifting the engine up any more than 50mm.
Almost ready.
Just had to take the loom out the firewall. Hello there!
Easy does it!, used a jack to lift the auto off the cross member at the rear of the box and then slide the whole lot forward.
Stuffed a rag on the end as it came out the tunnel so no dings or scratches, also one on the rad support so the sump would not damage anything.
Well there's ya problem lol. You get an idea where all the weight is, heavy bastard auto.
Looking pretty empty. Pleased to find the battery tray was in good nick, just needs a bit of blasting or something. Thinking of mobile wet blasting but perhaps I will speak to the body shop and see if they already have tools or a service they use.
Reason I wanted to undo them is they would interfere with the tunnel when lifting the engine up any more than 50mm.
Almost ready.
Just had to take the loom out the firewall. Hello there!
Easy does it!, used a jack to lift the auto off the cross member at the rear of the box and then slide the whole lot forward.
Stuffed a rag on the end as it came out the tunnel so no dings or scratches, also one on the rad support so the sump would not damage anything.
Well there's ya problem lol. You get an idea where all the weight is, heavy bastard auto.
Looking pretty empty. Pleased to find the battery tray was in good nick, just needs a bit of blasting or something. Thinking of mobile wet blasting but perhaps I will speak to the body shop and see if they already have tools or a service they use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I have plenty of patience but I'm got good enough for what quality level I require, only something 20+ years of experience in panel/spray painting and 100K of equipment can do. I don't have any of that lolimmortality wrote:You sound like me, no patience for panel work......
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Vlad's rides thread
stop whinging about autos 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Another contender for crappy welding?
Anyone ever seen a silver painted factory TC? I certainly haven't and I went over the auto and engine with a fine toothed comb and couldn't fine evidence of the auto even being removed from the car.
Whats this? mmm dunno? something about 5 link rear ends
Anyone ever seen a silver painted factory TC? I certainly haven't and I went over the auto and engine with a fine toothed comb and couldn't fine evidence of the auto even being removed from the car.
Whats this? mmm dunno? something about 5 link rear ends
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Where's the like button lolHolden202T wrote:stop whinging about autos
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Vlad's rides thread
what the fucking fuck is that?
5 link for the win
5 link for the win
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
About 150g of weld is what, I was wondering why it felt heavier than normal. Also the guts of this muffler was banging about inside just like the rear one I changed last year.
All in the bin! fuck that stock shit off. G is taking my huge pile of stock cast manifold, talks of "if they aint cracked" I've never seen an actual cracked one but I did see first ever in my life one that was welded up last year in the green VP rust bucket and I have scrapped at least 10 pairs before that one, and got another 4-5 pairs laying around with no cracks.
All in the bin! fuck that stock shit off. G is taking my huge pile of stock cast manifold, talks of "if they aint cracked" I've never seen an actual cracked one but I did see first ever in my life one that was welded up last year in the green VP rust bucket and I have scrapped at least 10 pairs before that one, and got another 4-5 pairs laying around with no cracks.