Miracle needed amybe

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Tigerboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:41 am
cars: VU SS Ute, VX SS Sedan and VS 5.0lt ute

Re: Miracle needed amybe

Post by Tigerboy »

Hi Tazzi,
OK the looney I bought the ute from was trying to re route the engine bay wiring through the front of the heater and was going to place it behind the glovebox, so he cut through the wiring loomjust in front of the fuse/relay pack in the engine bay????? why is beyond me. So i was left with the butchered wiring harness, he kept the pim cos he kept the engine. I did get the BCM and the silver ECU from the engine bay.
I was hoping to use all wiring looms, BCM,PIM & ECU modules from the sedan to the ute. Biggest issue now is ABS modules are different cos of the ute proportioning set up, that also means Trac control can't work on ute?
It was suggested to me to swap/change the electronic component at the front of the abs modules (black piece where wiring goes), but I don't see how that will help?? the actual number of brake lines into the abs in the ute abs is less than the sedan.
I guess as you say if I get a ute wiring harness with 5.7l genIII set up pim, mid series BCM, and ecu I should be going ok, wot about ignition & keys will i need new ones?
yoda69
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual
Location: Geelong, VIC

Re: Miracle needed amybe

Post by yoda69 »

From memory VZ HSV Utes were the only VZ Utes with traction control and they ran an extra brake line to support. Not sure of routing differences between ute, wagon and statesman/caprice, but all used the long wheel base platform so maybe able to get lines from one of them to suit?
Note that hsv used LS2 at this stage and all vehicles were also drive by wire so no throttle relaxer like earlier cable throttles with traction control .