LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bayvlad01 wrote:chrome is lame!
shiny OEM look is bestest.
Grey, black and silver are the best colours apart from gold chromate zinc plated parts.
Gregs Fleet
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Gregs Fleet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Gregs Fleet
WOW, that's tidy. I see you even scored a set of injector rail covers from the US.
I'm surprised you don't have chromed dome nuts on those strut towers........
I'm surprised you don't have chromed dome nuts on those strut towers........
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: Gregs Fleet
wozza wrote: LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bayhelps deciding when its clean time
![]()
in my experience, cleaning time is never... ive washed my ls1 twice, first time I killed an oil pressure sensor, 2nd time it seeped under the mainfold and killed the knock sensors so it cost me $150 each wash LOL. I have decided that dirt doesnt stop an engine getting you from A to B
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Gregs Fleet
I've had similar troubles with V6 coils and washing/degreasing engines, careful use of hose solved that problem. I also find the serpentine belts really don't like it much either.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Gregs Fleet
geez wozza that looks great man. awesome stuff.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
wozza
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:05 am
- cars: VR commodore
Re: Gregs Fleet
aaawww thanks for all the very kind comments... its just my POS daily I like to tinker with...The trick to engine wash is to use plenty of glad wrap and zip lock bags
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Gregs Fleet
nope, that a bit too bogan for me lolBiggvl wrote:geez, thats Vlad spec
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Gregs Fleet
I use a micro fiber damp cloth now days. Only thing I have killed is one V6 coil pack, the posts are a 2 piece design and draw water up at the base into the post and can kill them.Jayme wrote:wozza wrote: LOL Im old school you have to have chrome in the engine bayhelps deciding when its clean time
![]()
in my experience, cleaning time is never... ive washed my ls1 twice, first time I killed an oil pressure sensor, 2nd time it seeped under the mainfold and killed the knock sensors so it cost me $150 each wash LOL. I have decided that dirt doesnt stop an engine getting you from A to B
in saying that it only happen once in 10 years of regularly washing the engine bay with a pressure cleaner. I find the biggest killer is water getting into bolt threads and inside crush tubes and corroding the bolts.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Gregs Fleet
well your new motors are all just shit, I can hose the fuck out of my 202 and it loves it 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread