not much left to uninstall before I get out the old acetone, rags and chemical mask.
only wax was keeping the paint intact. Strong cleaner shows the paint for what is remaining of it.
brake fluid carnage. At least its not rusty
more brake fluid stripping action.
one of the hardest parts to fully de-comtaminiate is the bonnet lock. I did a great job (as viewed from the inside)
Chassis rail, was a challenge but got it clean. I leanred from few projects ago, grease, oil and crap in here will seap out of the seems outside and stuff all changes to do any prep or painting work. So I spend good effort here to make sure its 100% clean like the rest of the car.
Zoom in and you can see the squeakiness.
Underneath
only 30 sec exposure to the degreaser. this paint is stuffed. The areas not exposed to the sun showed no change in shine but the exposed areas went instantly to chalk powder.
Back inside. Just have to do the bonnet at some stage.
