160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

ALDL pinouts

Post by monaro308 »

Hey all,was quiet at work today and decided to have a play with a Tech 1(remember them?) :lol: on the munro.
As i am running the VR manual ECU in the existing VN loom.The original 6 pin ALDL plug is still there but i am running a patch cable with the VR 16 pin ALDL plug.
Now...the Tech 1 will not work because it wants to see the BCM first.
Would anyone have a schematic of the VR manual ALDL pinouts.
All my VR diagrams show the ALDL plug with pins 5,6,9 only.
I want to know where the other pins go to and if there is a way of by-passing the BCM to fool the Tech 1?
Oh yeah i forgot,yes i have moved the VN CEL wire from A5 -A8 to suit the VR ECU

Cheers...mario
delcowizzid

Re: ALDL pinouts

Post by delcowizzid »

the BCM is connected to the aldl bus by that same wire it is the vehicle comms bus the tech 1 must not like there being no bcm comms or chatter from it on the bus
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Bugger.......i wonder if there is a way of fudging the BCM.
I have a low level VR BCM here at home and might have a play around.

Thanks
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you can probably trick it with a laptop and aldl cable if vl400 PM's you the command it expects to see from the bcm might be able to make an efilive aldl command to send the needed command
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

if you have a bcm, you might be able to plug it to power, and attach it to the same aldl wire between the tech-1 and the car side connector, literally just hanging it off the side.. might be enough since its a 1 wire bus?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

antus wrote:if you have a bcm, you might be able to plug it to power, and attach it to the same aldl wire between the tech-1 and the car side connector, literally just hanging it off the side.. might be enough since its a 1 wire bus?
This will work. I have even done it on an uncoded VT bcm/pcm combination

Dave.
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Yeah i had a look at a low level BCM diagram and 98% of it is accessory related.
The only ones relevent i can see are pin 7 on connector A earth high current ,connector B pin 13 battery main power, pin 19 ignition fuse,pin 20 serial data link and pin 21 electric earth.

I will try just splicing into the data link wire, a power and an earth and see what happens.
Just having a play around but it's no big deal as i wanted to see what other values were available.

cheers all and i'll keep you posted. :D
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

As i have a patch ALDL VR aldl plug with only the 3 wires (5,6,9)to datalog
Would anyone have a diagram of the pinout numbers for the rest of the aldl plug?
even just the power supply wire to the aldl.
I've borrowed the tech 1 and i cant power up the unit...because i have no power at the aldl.
I've spliced in the BCM to another aldl patch to have a play.

cheers :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

from techedge.com.au

hmm this actually works better on a white background ....

16 - red = +12v
5 - green = earth
9 - blue = data
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hi Holden 202 thanks...i forgot i had that one.
I thought buying memory sticks would be a good idea, i now use 3 of them then i put the files on the laptop and PC.
Then find i have everything about 5 times thats right in front of my face....and still can't find them! :?
I'm amazed how wiring diagrams differ from the actual units..ie looking at the wiring on my low level BCM i have and a VR BCM low level wiring diagram.Lucky i had holden VR tech 1 training manual that had the pin numbers that matched my BCM.
Mind you nothing compares to the VE c/dore wiring that changes at work all the time.
Cheers and thanx