New wheels

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: New wheels

Post by HQ355 »

Biggvl wrote:Thank fuck, I've been thinking for the last hour of ways to politely tell you that I think they look shit... :?
I'm honored big G ! I thought you'd just spit it out and say the look shit !
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: New wheels

Post by Dylan »

On the Torana in the background
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: New wheels

Post by Gareth »

They look mint but from memory are VERY exey...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Macca97
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
Location: Mid North Coast

Re: New wheels

Post by Macca97 »

can get billet gts wheels in any size from 14s to 19s i think, i looked at them or my hj but being a daily i couldnt justify it, can remember price but i think $1500 + for 4
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: New wheels

Post by HQ355 »

Can get them in 17's for about $1200, I'm not a fan of them however, I want to find a 70's looking wheel in 17", one that you look at and don't notice it's 17 but know somethings going on, I like the sleeper look of a yellow HQ coupe with stripes all over it lol
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: New wheels

Post by psyolent »

ha. i was a little more subtle. big G on the other hand. ... ..... ;)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: New wheels

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Thank fuck, I've been thinking for the last hour of ways to politely tell you that I think they look shit... :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New wheels

Post by Holden202T »

wheels like the VX SS one you tried in my experience on old holdens will hit on the wishbone on full lock, I'm not sure if the later model cars will have resolved this issue, but I had the issue with a HR front end as well as Torana and the Bedford, so keep that in mind.

the brakes should work well !! and the reference looks spot on :)
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: New wheels

Post by HQ355 »

I'm not worried about the wheels hitting, commodore is different stud pattern to HQ and the center bore is different as well, they also look really shit on the car so there's enough reasons why I won't be using them ! I only put it on to check the week to caliper clearence while I was having some reference. I'l be getting some wheels soon to use, just have to find an old style wheel that suits :)
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: New wheels

Post by Holden202T »

oh so you stuck with HQ stud pattern ?