Coil Pack Testing
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
So you want dodgy coils to test?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
1 or 2 would be handy to test a pattern, a good coils will produce a spark upto 40.0 - 42.0mm and the only bad one i have will do 10.5mm, so atm the pattern is a dodgy coil will be 1/4 of a good coil.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
Well I think mine is totally dead but you are welcome to it.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
So was elbow deep in the speedway car engine bay today and noticed this...

No symptoms at all, over ten years of reliable and hard use, pressure washed after every meeting...
So these will be getting swapped, you want these for testing? What do I replace them with?

No symptoms at all, over ten years of reliable and hard use, pressure washed after every meeting...
So these will be getting swapped, you want these for testing? What do I replace them with?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
slewinson
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 am
- cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
That has more crack than Joan Kirner's undies...
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
That is one of the worst images I'd never want to see ! I hope I sleep tonight
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
ouch, for msd id rather a working unit to compair. The one on the right might be ok? For what to buy these ones had the largest spark gap and were also the cheapest, but dont know about longevity, so far 2 weeks in my car ok.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122278526703 ... EBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/122278526703 ... EBIDX%3AIT
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
As far as I can dig out, that is a Delphi branded coil.
Oh btw I finally got my AC delco L67 coils from Summit. Only took 3 months lol, still one part on back order.
2 are the as expected Mexican made genuine items but one is oddly made in the USA? I never seen one made there before.
Oh btw I finally got my AC delco L67 coils from Summit. Only took 3 months lol, still one part on back order.
2 are the as expected Mexican made genuine items but one is oddly made in the USA? I never seen one made there before.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
Its a delphi part number but CAD brand some aftermarket presumably Chinese made, looks nothing like the genuine Delphi coil I have here. Is that the blue bottom ones you got?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: L67 vs N/A Coil Packs
Yes I got the blue bottom ones.