VX ecotec into race car

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
O_man_ra23
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:01 am
cars: 1977 RA28 Celica Liftback (turbo 18RG)
1977 RA28 Celica Dirt Circuit (VX Ecotec)
1976 RA23 Celica Coupe IPRA (BEAMS 3S)
2013 86 GTS Aero
Location: Port Pirie, SA

Re: VX ecotec into race car

Post by O_man_ra23 »

So I did a get twice more, and every time the same differences. Seems there's some random stuff goes on in those memory locations.

Turned off VATS and EGR, saved and did a write Cal. I then unplugged the BCM and turned the key. BOOM... went the fuel inside the cylinders. Purrs like a kittendore.

Now halfway through pulling it out ready to slot into the race car. Just need to figure out which wires need to be hooked up (need to provide power, and pull coolant temp and tach pulse from it) to the new car.

Anything else I should be doing in the tune? It will only be run on 98, so thinking 2 degrees timing from mid airflow up all the way up the RPM range would help a little until I can get it on a dyno.

:study:
Cheers, Owen
:afro:
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: VX ecotec into race car

Post by Holden202T »

you might also want the thermo fan control ?
User avatar
O_man_ra23
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:01 am
cars: 1977 RA28 Celica Liftback (turbo 18RG)
1977 RA28 Celica Dirt Circuit (VX Ecotec)
1976 RA23 Celica Coupe IPRA (BEAMS 3S)
2013 86 GTS Aero
Location: Port Pirie, SA

Re: VX ecotec into race car

Post by O_man_ra23 »

Gonna leave thermofan as a dash switch. Once it warms up I leave it running till I shut the motor down.
Cheers, Owen
:afro:
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VX ecotec into race car

Post by The1 »

simple wiring though, pulling 20amps from the alternator when not needed id rather only have it trigger when needed. Would have to save something.
User avatar
O_man_ra23
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:01 am
cars: 1977 RA28 Celica Liftback (turbo 18RG)
1977 RA28 Celica Dirt Circuit (VX Ecotec)
1976 RA23 Celica Coupe IPRA (BEAMS 3S)
2013 86 GTS Aero
Location: Port Pirie, SA

Re: VX ecotec into race car

Post by O_man_ra23 »

Didn't seem to bother the Buick any. Means I don't have to change that part of the wiring too.

If I start getting low on power I'll think about changing to ECU trigger.
Cheers, Owen
:afro: