I have a new cammed vs 5.0l engine to run the camshaft in and tune. its running a crow cam 227/220 .486 113 lobe sep
and a crow cams eprom that none of the xdf files ive tried match up.
Have run the bin through id tool and no match. I need to remove vats can anyone help with an xdf and adx or am I better just running the 1's advanced bin to run camshaft in and then retune completely off stock file. have added read bin off crow eprom
cheers
crow cams eprom vs 5.0
-
BOGSTOCK
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 am
- cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace
crow cams eprom vs 5.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
I don't think that is a good read as there is a lot of weird data there & normally the crow cam eeproms have a copyright message in them
-
BOGSTOCK
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 am
- cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
would they be vats off normally? I would have assumed so?
-
BOGSTOCK
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 am
- cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
see if this reads any better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
What model ECU is it from
-
BOGSTOCK
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 am
- cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
vs manual bmzl
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
VS manual would be an 082 or 305 (last 3 digits of the service number).BOGSTOCK wrote:vs manual bmzl
BMZL is the calibration code on the memcal that originally come with the ECM and it is for a 185 kw HSV 5.0 litre.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
From what I've heard the Crow tunes leave a lot on the table anyway so maybe get someone to do you a basic tune to get it started etc and then tune it properly yourself.
-
BOGSTOCK
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:03 am
- cars: supercharged v6 hilux
buick v6 hiace
ecotec hiace
LS1 hiace
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
ive managed to find I need an $5A xdf but cant find one anywhere. The $83 is close but its not right May have been an operator error with the reader as now I have a good read from both the crow eprom and stock eprom. Just not a definition file to suit. think I may have to use 12p and turn anti theft off. I have the nvram so can do the tuning once the cam is run in. Haven't used the nv ram yet so guess that will be another topic getting set up correctly.
do I have to stack the 12p on the nvram or just program straight in?
thanks for the help so far
do I have to stack the 12p on the nvram or just program straight in?
thanks for the help so far
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: crow cams eprom vs 5.0
Any other mods besides the cam?