Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

I am trying to read this eprom without success. I can get the bin from the eprom but I cant find an XDF to view it. I believe it's from a manual VR.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by MAGP »

That's for an early VR V6 manual using $12

EDIT: Have you tried the xdf's listed here? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

I thought that. Maybe I picked the wrong XDF to try and view it. Thanks I will give the other 2 a go.
Is it 27c256 or 512?
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by MAGP »

VR manual should be 256, VR auto is 512 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=655
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

Still can't read it properly. I downloaded the bin as a 256 and used the only XDF I can find. The one on here is the same as the one in the Memcal ID program but it looks like it's not the right one.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by The1 »

can you post the bin?
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

Hope this works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

Looks like I hit a toughie with this one. I only have one XDF for the $12 manual. Maybe it's not that bin file. I might try some others.
kojab
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:52 am
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla
Location: Sydney

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by kojab »

This looks like a bad read of a $12. Try cleaning the pins on the eprom. Where you see al lot of 28 in the bin, these are really 00. At location 08 there is a 3A, subtract 28 and you get 12 hex which is the mask ID.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Help Identifying Eprom BFFH1277

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks kojab. I took another read after a bit of wiggling and got what I consider a correct reading.
The good read is attached if anyone is interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.