I love those pics of Melbourne Greg
Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
Nice shots guys
I love those pics of Melbourne Greg
I stay in the city every year for a week as a holiday, love wandering around and finding new places. I have been to a lot of places all around the world, I may be biased but I recon that we have the best city in the world with the best places to eat in the world 
I love those pics of Melbourne Greg
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
Some great photo's there.
I recently bought a tripod so I can try to get some decent pics.
I recently bought a tripod so I can try to get some decent pics.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
I used my younger brother's DSLR, a 4K $ camera and lens combo.
It was only my 2nd and last time I used it and he was also just learning how to use it. I knew a bit about time exposure as I did a ton of research into it as a teen but never had access to a camera other than a phone one. I was interested in exposure due to astro and lightning photography.
I agree, storms are very rare thing now in our dry state of Vic.
G, I too agree, Melbourne has one of the best food cultures in the world.
It was only my 2nd and last time I used it and he was also just learning how to use it. I knew a bit about time exposure as I did a ton of research into it as a teen but never had access to a camera other than a phone one. I was interested in exposure due to astro and lightning photography.
I agree, storms are very rare thing now in our dry state of Vic.
G, I too agree, Melbourne has one of the best food cultures in the world.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
thanks the1 for that cambuddypro. i saw some time ago and almost pulled the trigger on a lightning trigger. we just dont get the bloody storms down here, and, if we do me and my SLR are normally polar opposites.
thanks G. first time i've ever shot like that.
as a teen back 1 million years ago i used to use a 35mm SLR with film, so, similar to you vladdy i had experience with bulb mode, tripods and fun.
immo, tripods are a must for the above photos. the exposures (namely the dark night ones) are between 15 and 30 seconds, with f stops of 11-18 - varying depending on condition (and what the light meter says)
real keen to try some layered photos of cars with hoods up / hoods down with the translucent engine bays. i reckon they are really effective. note : tripod required
thanks G. first time i've ever shot like that.
as a teen back 1 million years ago i used to use a 35mm SLR with film, so, similar to you vladdy i had experience with bulb mode, tripods and fun.
immo, tripods are a must for the above photos. the exposures (namely the dark night ones) are between 15 and 30 seconds, with f stops of 11-18 - varying depending on condition (and what the light meter says)
real keen to try some layered photos of cars with hoods up / hoods down with the translucent engine bays. i reckon they are really effective. note : tripod required
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
One camera I was interested in until I saw the price is the phantom flex high speed cameras. For what I wanted it was a starting price of 77k USD
but you can get shots like this.
Note the normal bolt is what you see just being "on" for over a min in the video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI9Af3eiddI[/youtube]
but you can get shots like this.
Note the normal bolt is what you see just being "on" for over a min in the video.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI9Af3eiddI[/youtube]
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
Wow some awesome photos there!!
this is about as artistic as my photography gets!

this is about as artistic as my photography gets!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
Geez I want that head 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
what? and your worked to the shithouse alloy v6 heads aren't enough?
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
another one to add


Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Stroll Around Melbourne - some pics
and another......


Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.