Just make sure you remember where you put them. Wouldn't be much use to you if you only had 1 half.
Vlad's rides thread
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Vlad's rides thread
It would make storage a hell of a lot easier.
Just make sure you remember where you put them. Wouldn't be much use to you if you only had 1 half.
Just make sure you remember where you put them. Wouldn't be much use to you if you only had 1 half.
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
LOL, Vlad spec gas mask. Bit more substantial than the bought filters. Working well considering.
Getting there!
Finished up the rails at last.
Ass end done.
Also cut off the damaged extension panel under the right tail light to clean in there, might as well as that area needs to be pulled back out and a new panel fitted. I have a pair of NOS ones and even the panel that tail light mounts to as well.
Not far how. list of to do for stripping paint.
Left doors.
Remove door trims, membranes and handles to get the last bit of paint around the handles.
Although partly done, door sills and popping the bottom of the front guards off to access up to that point.
Bonnet.
Under the K-frame bolt heads.
Remove windscreens and clean out the channels of sealant and paint.
Getting there!
Finished up the rails at last.
Ass end done.
Also cut off the damaged extension panel under the right tail light to clean in there, might as well as that area needs to be pulled back out and a new panel fitted. I have a pair of NOS ones and even the panel that tail light mounts to as well.
Not far how. list of to do for stripping paint.
Left doors.
Remove door trims, membranes and handles to get the last bit of paint around the handles.
Although partly done, door sills and popping the bottom of the front guards off to access up to that point.
Bonnet.
Under the K-frame bolt heads.
Remove windscreens and clean out the channels of sealant and paint.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Soooo.... when am I dropping my VN off for you to do?...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
bugger off, shed is full.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Just picked up good deal on a NOS in box VN-VR v6 cruise control module with cable for a nice $75 postage included on gumtree.
Now both VPs have NOS units and cables and also have a left over ecotec cable if I ever go down that path.
Now both VPs have NOS units and cables and also have a left over ecotec cable if I ever go down that path.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
I thought it was acetone you where using?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
It is acetone I'm using.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Whats the thinners for in the last two pics?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
wiping off the chalky residue acetone leaves to leave a spotless surface.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vlad's rides thread
Could you do a little video demo for us, please?.. 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...