Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could recommend any good technical books or papers to read. Not just about EFI, but anything car related, or that could be applied to automotive.
I read "designing and tuning high performance fuel injection systems" by Greg banish some time ago and learnt a lot from it and found it really interesting. And I'm about to read the PDF someone posted in the coil pack testing thread now I've finally got around to it.
Thanks in advance
Good reads
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Good reads
Is your workshop a member of the VACC? Great tech info on current tech available there.
I have a large technical book collection on everything related to automotive, happy to loan stuff out.
Are you looking for something specific?
I have a large technical book collection on everything related to automotive, happy to loan stuff out.
Are you looking for something specific?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Good reads
Yeah we are with VACC which are good. Also go to most auto-tech training nights which are ran by
Repco.
Not looking for anything in particular, just any good recommendations. I only read the book by Greg banish because I saw it mentioned on here
Repco.
Not looking for anything in particular, just any good recommendations. I only read the book by Greg banish because I saw it mentioned on here
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Good reads
Here's a screenshot of my digital book collection
I also have a few paper backs such as manuals (Quadrajet, T400, Holley, MG) or "how to" (e.g. How to make your car handle) books I got years ago from Bevin Young in Adelaide.
Another paperback I have is "The Horsepower Chain" and that is an interesting read.
Another paperback I have is "The Horsepower Chain" and that is an interesting read.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jay woo
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:42 am
Re: Good reads
Have you checked the library in your state. The Western Australian library has many books available as e books. It saves travelling and they seem to have a decent selection available. An example of a technical book. http://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore ... &suite=def
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Good reads
nice collection there!MAGP wrote:Here's a screenshot of my digital book collection I also have a few paper backs such as manuals (Quadrajet, T400, Holley, MG) or "how to" (e.g. How to make your car handle) books I got years ago from Bevin Young in Adelaide.
Another paperback I have is "The Horsepower Chain" and that is an interesting read.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Good reads
I think I have a few of those in paper back on my book shelf. Anything by David Vizard is worth reading IMHO.MAGP wrote:Here's a screenshot of my digital book collection I also have a few paper backs such as manuals (Quadrajet, T400, Holley, MG) or "how to" (e.g. How to make your car handle) books I got years ago from Bevin Young in Adelaide.
Another paperback I have is "The Horsepower Chain" and that is an interesting read.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: Good reads
yeah me too, engine blueprinting and how to build horsepower, I also have a very old buick power secrets book!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Good reads
Ahh, a top read is any of the 'Smokey Yunik' books, power secrets was the first book in my collection 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Good reads
I had older editions of some of them in paperback but the pictures were black and white. Anyway to cut a long story short after moving around the countryside more that the Leyland Brothers alot of my collection got damaged (I'm very picky about looking after books, I hate to see dog ears in them let alone a bent cover or frayed pages) or simply never got delivered to their rightful destination (Smokey Yunick was in my collection but it went missing years ago) so I stopped buying actual books unless there was no alternative. Now I buy ebooks and print off what I need if I need it. There is a Ford Y Block book on special atm I'm considering getting.
https://www.cartechbooks.com/ & https://www.booktopia.com.au are where I get my ebooks
https://www.cartechbooks.com/ & https://www.booktopia.com.au are where I get my ebooks