I downloaded the bin from my car and edited that.
Do i have to upload a custom bin for the vy v6 flash ecu's ? I thought you used to stock image.
unable to adjust fuel
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: unable to adjust fuel
You can used the stock bin you got from your car but there are 2 XDF files that are for the VY.
You need to make sure you have the right XDF or the changes you make won't work.
Are you trying to increase the target afr or are you trying to increase fuel so what your wide band is reading matches your target afr?
You need to make sure you have the right XDF or the changes you make won't work.
Are you trying to increase the target afr or are you trying to increase fuel so what your wide band is reading matches your target afr?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: unable to adjust fuel
Just switch to enhanced code and start again. Great code and all matching and high quality XDF and ADX files.
Only way to do it in my opinion.
Only way to do it in my opinion.
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
Re: unable to adjust fuel
I just want to change the fuel so that i can get a certain afr at the tailpipe so i can increase hp
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
Re: unable to adjust fuel
how does one get this enhanced code and matching X files?
I just want to tune the car lol
I just want to tune the car lol
Dylan wrote:Just switch to enhanced code and start again. Great code and all matching and high quality XDF and ADX files.
Only way to do it in my opinion.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: unable to adjust fuel
Tuning doesn't work like that. AFR has very little effect on power compared to timing.upyas wrote:I just want to change the fuel so that i can get a certain afr at the tailpipe so i can increase hp
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518
One does not just "tune the car". Maybe it is a good idea for you to take a step back and do alot of reading before you go any further. Read this forum especially the Holden ECU & Custom Code sections, and the FAQ.upyas wrote:how does one get this enhanced code and matching X files?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: unable to adjust fuel
Custom code section. From what was said earlier. Your bin is modified but nothing logical so fair chance your XDF is mismatched. What are you using for logging AFR now?upyas wrote:how does one get this enhanced code and matching X files?
I just want to tune the car lol
Dylan wrote:Just switch to enhanced code and start again. Great code and all matching and high quality XDF and ADX files.
Only way to do it in my opinion.
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
Re: unable to adjust fuel
Dyno Dynamics Dyno
Obviously my xdf is not correct for the bin file in my car which is why I am not getting any changes in fueling.
I want to see if it will make more if i lean it out a bit, its running 12.8afr in the top end and I would like to try it at around 13.3 and see if it makes some more power, if not try going down to 12.5 and see what it does.
There are 2 xdf's that were available that i saw, I was using 24060a v2.63 , all other maps looked fine, but when i changed to 24060b v2.41 the inj mult map has no 0's in it now.
I will try put it back on the dyno today after I finish my other jobs and see what is left in it.
So far I have got 135rwkw from a stock 320,000km v6 with just a upgraded panel filter and a set of headers and 2.5" exhaust.
Does that sound about right for it? the car had 114kw completly standard.
Should be a little in it when I find out what fueling it likes.
Cheers
Obviously my xdf is not correct for the bin file in my car which is why I am not getting any changes in fueling.
I want to see if it will make more if i lean it out a bit, its running 12.8afr in the top end and I would like to try it at around 13.3 and see if it makes some more power, if not try going down to 12.5 and see what it does.
There are 2 xdf's that were available that i saw, I was using 24060a v2.63 , all other maps looked fine, but when i changed to 24060b v2.41 the inj mult map has no 0's in it now.
I will try put it back on the dyno today after I finish my other jobs and see what is left in it.
So far I have got 135rwkw from a stock 320,000km v6 with just a upgraded panel filter and a set of headers and 2.5" exhaust.
Does that sound about right for it? the car had 114kw completly standard.
Should be a little in it when I find out what fueling it likes.
Cheers
Dylan wrote:Custom code section. From what was said earlier. Your bin is modified but nothing logical so fair chance your XDF is mismatched. What are you using for logging AFR now?upyas wrote:how does one get this enhanced code and matching X files?
I just want to tune the car lol
Dylan wrote:Just switch to enhanced code and start again. Great code and all matching and high quality XDF and ADX files.
Only way to do it in my opinion.
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
Re: unable to adjust fuel
ohhh and thanks for the help, its been a while since ive used Tunerpro, I missed the issue in that map because I only went in there once and was trying to lean it out in the open loop tables.
-
upyas
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
- cars: vy s
Re: unable to adjust fuel
Was able to tune the fueling when using the correct XDF file.
Found this engine lost power when i leaned it out, put a little extra fuel in it and it gained 2 or 3 kw.
Now to sell this car and get into the earlier holdens and the supercharged models
Found this engine lost power when i leaned it out, put a little extra fuel in it and it gained 2 or 3 kw.
Now to sell this car and get into the earlier holdens and the supercharged models
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.