Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

where vlad gets high and passes out you mean?
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Left doors. DONE!
Remove door trims, membranes and handles to get the last bit of paint around the handles.
Although partly done, door sills and popping the bottom of the front guards off to access up to that point. DONE!
Bonnet.
Under the K-frame bolt heads. 2 DONE!
Remove windscreens and clean out the channels of sealant and paint.


Getting closer :thumbup:
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Some goodies!!!! :D

E-coat!

But first, the paint stripping all done as mentioned bar the bonnet, around the door handles and 2 k-frame bolt areas.

Nicely sectioned off and should be easily blended and well hidden to the new paint.
IMG_1583_zpsynp3r9fl.jpg
IMG_1585_zpshyzxkug6.jpg
Same deal with the other side.
IMG_1587_zpsl8j3e3i1.jpg
mmmmmmm :twisted: tasty tasty e-coat.
IMG_1574_zpsd8cxzzru.jpg
22 microns of bulletproof goodness.
IMG_1575_zpshvvfqj80.jpg
IMG_1578_zps9lcydpec.jpg
IMG_1577_zpsd7r04hnn.jpg
IMG_1576_zpsildxhfza.jpg

Gets all between the seams, nice and protected.
IMG_1580_zps19v37wld.jpg
Rear bumper. So clean it shows up dust like a sore thumb. You know what that means? time for another glass cabinet. :lol:
IMG_1582_zpsy1eom8ns.jpg
What better way to store and transport the bumpers to the body shop, seems like a no brainer. :wall:
IMG_1588_zpso3yejw4j.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I ordered a sound blaster Audigy 2 Zs PCI for my retro rig. I found creative still have win 2k drivers on their site.

I tried to buy one of a 2nd hand PC hardware group on fb, but same as gumtree these retards list stuff and then pull the silent treatment when you want to hand over cash and buy right after wasting your time talking to them about details, payment, pickup, shipping etc... :wtf: :roll: Everyone lists stuff but don't want to sell in these 2 places for some stupid reason.

So I had enough of fake promises to sell me hardware, so I bought one from the UK for 19 quid and 10 quid shipping. :thumbup:
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

haha, should have sent me a pm a week ago, literally gave one away, i think it was the audigy music or whatever the original one was, there might be more around here, i have scrapyards of pc parts lol
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Do you have a case or test bed that fits E-ATX?

The test beds were available everywhere few years ago, but nothing shows up in oz searches or anything on ebay at all. They seem to only been seen on youtube tech channels from USA there days or places like frozen CPU.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by The1 »

i may have an old Dell Server Case? Nothing practical for that though. Yeh ive used some of the test bench cases before, atm my machine i ended up custom drawing a mount to sit ontop of the PSU which i 3d printed, then the Micro ATX board mounts ontop.

I know Frozen sold the bench cases, i also have purchased one from dimastech and shipped directly from italy for my old watercooled system.

http://shop.dimastech.it/en
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Wow, man.. has air cooled coolers really become that big now? What GPU in that?

Last time I had aftermarket air cooled coolers were Thermaltake Xazer volcano 11 for Althlon XP back in 04, which funnily I sourced NOS ones of the exact same coolers for the current retro rig.

I have been using the same passive water cooling setup for about 13 years for all my rigs.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

vlad01 wrote:Do you have a case or test bed that fits E-ATX?

The test beds were available everywhere few years ago, but nothing shows up in oz searches or anything on ebay at all. They seem to only been seen on youtube tech channels from USA there days or places like frozen CPU.
I have a few mate
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

lol, nice try.