Hi all,
I have a '424 running a VS V8 and I had switched from a BWFU tune to an 11P.
I'm trying to revert back to the BWFU, but I get the fan continuously running with engine run/ no CEL or code.
The VS V6 fan was running properly with both formats.
Is there a fix for this,
Cheers
pain in the fan(ny)
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
it sounds like the tune is not being burnt to the memcal properly ?
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Yeah fans on when changing tune completely usually means computer not running at all (fans come on by default to protect the engine).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Did you unpower the ecu when swapping tunes if not will go limp home mode
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
I'm running the RTB + NVRAM.
I don't think it's Limp home mode, as there is no CEL flash, and fan only comes on with engine running, no code, would run bad. Certainly has ALL its ponies
If I write a clean BWFU, fan doesn't come on.
If I load my tune through TunerPro, fan comes on.
I don't think it's Limp home mode, as there is no CEL flash, and fan only comes on with engine running, no code, would run bad. Certainly has ALL its ponies
If I write a clean BWFU, fan doesn't come on.
If I load my tune through TunerPro, fan comes on.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Think tuner pro only writes the cal? Different OS between those to tunes. Only an idea I'm not sure on the tuner pro part. I've only used it for Cal's but it may do full bins. I use flash tool for that.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Hi Dylan,
Writing program with programmer, loading tune with TunerPro.
Writing program with programmer, loading tune with TunerPro.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Is that code real time enabled? Why can't you stick with 11P anyway. Maybe an XDF error.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Dylan
Yes BWFU_mod. I like the simplicity of the old set-up, plus I can change XDF conversions when needed.
11P is soooo long winded.
Yes BWFU_mod. I like the simplicity of the old set-up, plus I can change XDF conversions when needed.
11P is soooo long winded.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: pain in the fan(ny)
Got the tuner pro layout set right? Post a screen shot. It can be very easy.