VT GTS Memcal
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VT GTS Memcal
what kind of cable you using? when I was using my 2 trans home made cable, id have lots of data errors like that, espesially when the blower fan was on. I think it was some sort of frequency interference on the 12v power fromt he car that powered the circuit. when I went to the usb powered interface from vl400 no more errors.
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
I'm using the comm's board Mk2 with a home made cable.
-
VL400
- Posts: 4991
- Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:54 am
- cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)
- Location: Perth, WA
Re: VT GTS Memcal
Do you get the same errors when using the flashtool to get the bin? Would need to have the checkbox selected to disable BCM chatter, the BCM id is F1.
The VT V8 ADX by yoda69 does disable the BCM chatter so shouldnt really be getting anything from that.
The VT V8 ADX by yoda69 does disable the BCM chatter so shouldnt really be getting anything from that.
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
I haven't tried the flashtool yet. Will see if it gives the same errors tomorrow
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
finaly got back onto tunning the GTS
Found out that while the check engine light is on I don't get any interferance but as soon as it goes out I start getting errors in the log and still can't seam to be able to upload the cal yet so have been doing the tune the long way.
Have been able to increase the power from 180rwhp at 3000rpm to 320rwhp at 5400rpm with the power curve still climbing. I think I will have to look into going mafless to get more power out of it as I think I have reached the limit of the maf sensor
Also the timming seams to be all over the place below 2000rpm but I think that is because of the cam
Here is the tune that I have so far and some logs. Feel free to pick it to bits
Found out that while the check engine light is on I don't get any interferance but as soon as it goes out I start getting errors in the log and still can't seam to be able to upload the cal yet so have been doing the tune the long way.
Have been able to increase the power from 180rwhp at 3000rpm to 320rwhp at 5400rpm with the power curve still climbing. I think I will have to look into going mafless to get more power out of it as I think I have reached the limit of the maf sensor
Here is the tune that I have so far and some logs. Feel free to pick it to bits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
How do I add a log as it said that xdl files arn't alowed?
-
Jayme
- Posts: 2585
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
- Location: North Coast, NSW
Re: VT GTS Memcal
zip it first. in winxp and later, just right click the file and click "sent to" > "Compressed (zip) folder"
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
Ok I'll see if this works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: VT GTS Memcal
not sure on the VT V8 MAF scale (i've only played with my vs v6) but it looks like its getting over all the scales on a vs v6 
having said that unless the maf itself is a restriction in the air flow then i can't see it maxing the scales being to much of an issue it looks like the AFR's are not going spastic when it happens so it should be able to be tuned half ok.... and 320hp seems half ok to me
definately looks a bit rich on the dyno pulls to me though.
having said that unless the maf itself is a restriction in the air flow then i can't see it maxing the scales being to much of an issue it looks like the AFR's are not going spastic when it happens so it should be able to be tuned half ok.... and 320hp seems half ok to me
definately looks a bit rich on the dyno pulls to me though.
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
benk
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
- cars: VN V6 Commodore
Re: VT GTS Memcal
the afr on the dyno sits at about 12:1 tried it at 12.5 and didn't make any difference at the timing I have set at the moment.
The Maf gets to 255mg/s and dosn't go any higher then it starts breaking down like it hits the limiter (at around 5400rpm). Advance the timing and it makes more power earlier but as soon as the maf hits 255 it dosn't go any further and starts breaking down. (The rev limit is set at 6400rpm)
The Maf gets to 255mg/s and dosn't go any higher then it starts breaking down like it hits the limiter (at around 5400rpm). Advance the timing and it makes more power earlier but as soon as the maf hits 255 it dosn't go any further and starts breaking down. (The rev limit is set at 6400rpm)