11P rev limit issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by Gareth »

Could be onto to it there

these are my old ones viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5136&hilit=coil+test&start=50

fitted now are stock ones
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by Dylan »

Run some LS coils? Can be done off the stock DFI module Jayme done that once. Or go all out on a guru module from VL400.
Good excuse for an upgrade anyway I know the 5 litres love a good spark upgrade of any sort.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by vlad01 »

No, no spark issue. engine was running fine. When it hit the limit the engine was making full load on the dyno just the rpm hits a wall.

here is an easy test, run it up in 3rd gear.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Run some LS coils? Can be done off the stock DFI module Jayme done that once. Or go all out on a guru module from VL400.
Good excuse for an upgrade anyway I know the 5 litres love a good spark upgrade of any sort.

I doubt it, its running pissy 10:1 comp and has lost sealing from use so the comp isn't that great anymore so it has to run on what its got.

They are genuine delco coils too, brand new.

With ignition problems there should be crackling, bucking etc.. this is just smooth but then a firm wall, like running into the dyno set limit.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by vlad01 »

See how he pulls out of the run at 4900. If the dyno is telling you to stop the run then there is a problem with the speed limit on the dyno.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by vlad01 on Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by antus »

Im not sure what your getting at, the section I linked prior shows it hits the limit at 5200 though. I agree with doing a pull in another gear to change the road speed the dyno sees.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by vlad01 »

yes but thats on load mode not graph mode like the one I have. They have independant settings and purposes on the dyno. The bit you showed is just on a load % to warm the car up, this one shows the graphing mode, ie. pull on the dyno that graphs the output.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by antus »

Ahh ok, what time in the log shows the limit then?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by vlad01 »

actual set limit or this annoying one?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: 11P rev limit issues

Post by antus »

annoying one
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396