here's a nice vid for all the monaro lovers out there
https://www.facebook.com/tufftouringcar ... 690772691/
hq monaro
-
jenko
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 am
- cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon - Location: Pine mountain .vic
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: hq monaro
A little loose in some places but it has had some work done to make it handle much better than it did when it was brand new.
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: hq monaro
Fuck I thought it was me until I seen the different color lol that's how they should be driven 
-
OZ38
- Posts: 306
- Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:18 am
- cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
Re: hq monaro
Nice work.
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: hq monaro
Handles heaps better than the under-steering pig I had.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: hq monaro
I never get sick of watching this car, steve coad knows how to steer and the more than adequate HP makes for a nice show 
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: hq monaro
Until RTS (Radial Tuned Suspension) bog stock Holdens didn't handle very well at all. RTS helped a bit but all Holdens need work to get them to handle like a true sports sedan should.Charlescrown wrote:Handles heaps better than the under-steering pig I had.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: hq monaro
Looks like fun! Through it handles much like the trans am hill climb cars in Europe.
Yeah Mc Pherson strut and RTS made a world of difference to Holden's handling and easy as to radically improve on, simply replacing the bushes on the later suspension with good poly ones makes road holding 20% better with nothing else changed.
I honestly can't wait to see how my VP will go as I will have fully adjustable semi solid strut tops so I can get neg camber and max pos caster. Also fitting stiffer springs and big ass swaybars.
All I need is legal track like tyres (hard to find in 15" R60 215) and I wouldn't be surprised if I more than double road holding over stock
Yeah Mc Pherson strut and RTS made a world of difference to Holden's handling and easy as to radically improve on, simply replacing the bushes on the later suspension with good poly ones makes road holding 20% better with nothing else changed.
I honestly can't wait to see how my VP will go as I will have fully adjustable semi solid strut tops so I can get neg camber and max pos caster. Also fitting stiffer springs and big ass swaybars.
All I need is legal track like tyres (hard to find in 15" R60 215) and I wouldn't be surprised if I more than double road holding over stock
-
Macca97
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 am
- cars: hj ute, hz wagon, copious amounts of random half started side projects
- Location: Mid North Coast
Re: hq monaro
still have pre RTS chassis under my ute, crazy how quick the under steer can happen when pushing hard, a poor front end can be helped with a set up ass end,
drove a VS awhile back that was a rego'd track car, alloy (solid) bushes in some places, poly in others and some other material he was trialling, road noise was stupidly loud, but very stable and stuck to the raod
drove a VS awhile back that was a rego'd track car, alloy (solid) bushes in some places, poly in others and some other material he was trialling, road noise was stupidly loud, but very stable and stuck to the raod
why have one 202, when you can have 12 and counting, 30+ car graveyard just for fun aswell
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: hq monaro
A friend of mine worked for GMH many years ago and when a engineer for GM USA came out they gave him a drive of the new Holden (pre RTS) and his words were "I don't know how you can sell this shit to anybody". He wasn't impressed with the handling.