Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

was going to say, 9mm. maybe. 223, no chance.
merry xmas :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Well the car was picked up Sunday arvo by Garry himself.

Place really needs a good clean up and finally can get the VR out and service it. Hasn't been started since December :? Fuel is most likely going to the yard equipment now lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

the red rocket. she gone!
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Funny thing is I was thinking "I wonder if anyone would spot my car on its way" talked to a mate I happen to cross paths with today and he said he saw a car like a VN with red inside getting towed by a VE panel van.

Lol that was my car.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Found these by pure luck.

Getting them tomorrow.

NOS, better looking, wider and cheaper. As HQ says, winner winner, chicken dinner!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272713284965 ... EBIDX%3AIT
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

wow. i've not seen them for years.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I instantly recognized them for this model. :punk: :punk: :punk:


Image
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Genuine crusty boxes like this are the best.
IMG_1731_zpssqlt1kls.jpg

:shh:
IMG_1732_zpsbganosv9.jpg


Nice and wide.
IMG_1733_zps6kmemssk.jpg



Back side, also they came with caps and decals. Very happy with the purchase.
IMG_1735_zpstkllvr1j.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

I think next on the list is to start getting all my bits for the engine loom. Going to make a custom one incorporating USCAR type injector plugs for the FoMoCo injectors I got from The1.

Will also add a 1 way sealed metric-pak connector for the WB analogue input in the engine bay and that way I can integrate a wideband permanently but still can plug in a blank plug to seal the connector if I wanted to go NB o2 only so at least the input isn't exposed to the environment.

EFI connection is where I get my stuff and I just noticed they extended their range heaps since last time I bought from them. They have every gauge and colour combo the commodore loom has in the TXL wire they sell which is far superior to the OEM jap made stuff. The insulation is way more stable against chemicals and heat as I found through building the last 2, blow torch/heat gun and cleaning solvents during rebuilding looms is how I found out how awesome the TXL is.

Last time I bought some not every size or colour I needed was available. It is now! You can build a whole new loom from scratch with what they have.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/cate ... y-the-foot
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

wow they really have updated their site. thats awesome.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.