Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by firebug »

What better way to test my new front wheel tilt than to enter into a state round at Ringwood. The Gem steers now without trying to kill me. Was an awesome day! There were a few offs to be had resulting in big damage to a convertible MG and slightly less a Gemini coupe. There is plenty of time to be made up mid corner. Some gearbox shifts and operator practice is in order.

A couple of pics and vids...

New tow rig with Sam's trailer behind...

Image

Image

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hBXEt5P6M[/youtube] [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UsmN226FiI[/youtube]
Last edited by firebug on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

Any plans for suspension work? Seems to be the limiting factor now lol. Ample power is no longer an issue haha.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by MAGP »

Even with a G161 the suspension is a limiting factor in the T series Gemini. The right rear wheel just loves to bounce up and down when power is supplied to quickly.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

Practically have to stop on the turns lol.
User avatar
firebug
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 am
cars: Pathfinder Ti550
L67 Gemini
78 Camaro Z28
Location: Newcastle NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by firebug »

Not so much suspension, more the locked diff. A nice commo lsd with discs would go great guns under there. That would sort the remaining bit of understeer i have and let me drive out of the corners. That's the theory anyway. ..
"My favourite colour of the alphabet is 3!"
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by Holden202T »

yeah the locked diffs have a tendancy to push, that's why I found it easier to steer with the back wheels at Ringwood lol :)
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

Why not a torque biasing diff? Like true trac, torsen or quaife?
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by Holden202T »

anything would work, I believe when firebug bought the car it was already fitted with a CIG locker...... plus lots of other dodgy things hes slowly rectifying!

the Gemini is a small Salisbury, so its going to need a full work over to make anything decent work, ie. remove the torque tube and fit a decent rear end ..... alternatively I believe you can get an after market kit - lsd and axles to suit the gemini diff, but its not cheap, and how much do you sink into a Salisbury given its strength compared to other options.
MAGP
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by MAGP »

User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Firebug's V6 Gemini

Post by vlad01 »

Just do a commodore diff conversion like every tom, dick and harry does.