My toys

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

My toys

Post by benk »

This is one of my toys that I built to go mud racing 8-)

They say that boys never grow up just there toys get bigger :P
DSC01021-1.jpg
The Delco engine
DSC03028.jpg
DSC03026.jpg
DSC03027.jpg
Soon to be upgraded with these :twisted:
DSC02973.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My toys

Post by Holden202T »

:punk: you've got my vote :twisted:
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: My toys

Post by Jayme »

ummm is that engine in the tray? how does the driveline connect? I am assuming its 4wd with a transfer case of some sort? what a neat looking machine :D
User avatar
Six_Shooter
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 am
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Re: My toys

Post by Six_Shooter »

Sweet.

I always like unconvetional builds, even though you are using a 3800.... Forgivable, since I don't think you guys have the 60 degree V6 down under.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: My toys

Post by benk »

it is only 2wd (the class I race in is the 2wd class) and yes the engine is in the back. It has a home made "V" drive set up using the gears and shafts out of a 1970 landcruise transfer box in a custom built housing.
The only down fall is the class I race in the engines are unlimited so I am racing against bigblocks. I am a bit under powered (hence the turbo upgrade).
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: My toys

Post by benk »

Six_Shooter wrote:Sweet.

I always like unconvetional builds, even though you are using a 3800.... Forgivable, since I don't think you guys have the 60 degree V6 down under.
If I don't get the power I need out of the V6 it will be swapped for a 5ltr and the turbos bolted onto it. :twisted:
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: My toys

Post by delcowizzid »

wheres the vids of 6 exhaust exits :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: My toys

Post by Holden202T »

nothing wrong with the old buick v6, especially when your forcing air and fuel into it!

run it on methanol, more bang ;)
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: My toys

Post by benk »

Here is a video of it racing last year.
The other buggy is my brother in laws and he is running a bigblock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVeRh1ci150
benk
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 am
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Re: My toys

Post by benk »

Holden202 wrote:nothing wrong with the old buick v6, especially when your forcing air and fuel into it!

run it on methanol, more bang ;)
That could be on the cards too ;)