Vs series 3 v8 ute
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I have a Clive cams roller in my 355, can dig up the specs if you want, made 210kw at the wheels and 475nm. It's a great cam, drives like a stocky, gets awsome fuel economy and pulls like a school boy
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Cheers HQ355, can never have enough info so def put the specs up if you can find them, especially from poeple with real first hand experiance with the roller motors.
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I came across an article from a very highly regarded engine builder and within this article it talked about MAF on the roller motors being 65mm on holden V8 and the HSV getting a 75mm, is it worth trying to chase up a HSV MAF for a standard S3 ute as it will have a 65mm is it a worth while excercise is what I'm getting at or with it have little effect anyway.
This motor is getting cam change with extrude honed bannana manifold put on so is it worth it, and would the stock ecu reconise it as a 75mm and play funny buggers with the stock 179 tune not the 195 if I where to put it on now.
This motor is getting cam change with extrude honed bannana manifold put on so is it worth it, and would the stock ecu reconise it as a 75mm and play funny buggers with the stock 179 tune not the 195 if I where to put it on now.
-
0081
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm
- cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
If you are keeping the stock throttle body you will probably see little to no gain.
If you are going to fit the larger 75mm LS1 style throttle body you may have a gain being able to run a larger intake pipe and not have a restriction at the MAF.
If you are going to fit the larger 75mm LS1 style throttle body you may have a gain being able to run a larger intake pipe and not have a restriction at the MAF.
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I have a standard throttle body bored out to 70mm, I actually do have an LS1 throttle body that i was going to use and have the extrude honed inlet modified to suit but i've gone off that idea as it may be more hassle and expense than its worth.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I'd like to see that article. I have a HSV 5.7 stroker and the MAF that come with it was the same as the 5 litre (and 3.8 I think).
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I will see if I can find the article again and give you some links or what I googled to bring it up
-
lowace
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
- cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
The J'rod wrote:Hey Lowace i saw your cam specs on another post of yours, 216/220-112LSA-and have you given the peak cam lift .308, if you don't mind me asking what is the peak valve lift on that cam, and are you changing compression or just a cam swap at this stage.
Sorry for the late reply, I have misplaced the cam sheet but I will ring Come tomorrow and get the specs again. I do plan on stroking and lifting compression to 9.5.1 so should give it some sting down low. My cam part number is CBSR-416 if you google it there is a video of it in there last stroker combo which made some really good power.
I am starting to make some headway with the tuning but am having trouble on cold starts where it runs like an old carb V8 for the first few minutes until it warms up.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Are COME still operating?
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic