Yeah they are there just not building engines any more and concentrating on the sales of the products that they have done over the years. They are probably the leaders in the old holden v8 development. I found them great to talk to on the phone and like a lot of performance shops they didn't treat me like a dummy.MAGP wrote:Are COME still operating?
Vs series 3 v8 ute
-
lowace
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
- cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Hey magp google Holden V8s with Leon Vincenzi that should get you to the article
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Tried googling that COME part number I got donuts, went on there site and I couldn't find any detail on there camshaft grind specs, if there going into a parts only internet business they need to seriously upgrade there website, it ain't great
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Howard's cams in the US do Holden v8 camshafts, and they have some pretty interesting grinds, I know they have a good rep for there LS camshafts and grinds, just wondering if anybody had heard of anybody having one in an Aussie v8, I would doubt it as the cam I was looking at was $1200 by the time I got it here
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
There was a guy on the AV8 forum who nutted all this out and ended up with cam/lifters from the US for 2 different engines. As far as I know both make good power. Unfortunately he's no longer about these days.The J'rod wrote:Howard's cams in the US do Holden v8 camshafts, and they have some pretty interesting grinds, I know they have a good rep for there LS camshafts and grinds, just wondering if anybody had heard of anybody having one in an Aussie v8, I would doubt it as the cam I was looking at was $1200 by the time I got it here
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
I found it, I'll measure mine and see but externally it looks like the regular MAF.
-
lowace
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
- cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Yeah I know I tied as well there website really needs upgrading, my cam is a relatively new grind so maybe it hasn't been added yet. Try giving them a call and explain what you have and they will help steer you in the right direction, I was at your stage for months and couldn't decide on which company to go with until I rang them he took about half hour to explain what options I need to consider. They are about 60 yrs of age so maybe there website skills arn't up to scratchThe J'rod wrote:Tried googling that COME part number I got donuts, went on there site and I couldn't find any detail on there camshaft grind specs, if there going into a parts only internet business they need to seriously upgrade there website, it ain't great
I couldn't be happier I added some more timing and fuel in mine yesterday after a few runs and it really pulls hard, it also has a really grumpy idle which you would usually get with something larger.
Good luck with it there not the cheapest of cams to buy so I understand why your researching it so much.
-
MAGP
- Posts: 665
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 am
- cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
They didn't "build" their website they paid someone else to do it for them or so Sam told me when I contacted them about buying some of the stuff they were selling off and some of what is written on their site hasn't been there for about 10 years.
-
The J'rod
- Posts: 105
- Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:54 am
- cars: Vs V8 series 3 commodore ute
- Location: Sunshine Coast
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
That's awesome lowace sounds like your onto a winner, so are you still running standard compression with the new cam in
-
lowace
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am
- cars: 1964 Eh holden and daily series 3 vs 5.0 ute
Re: Vs series 3 v8 ute
Yeah mate standard Comp at this stage, and yes there is a little trade off down low but its not that bad that I can't drive it everyday and be happy with it. I am looking forward to see how it performs with the 355 stroker with 9.5.1 comp or might go to 10.1 unsure at this stage as it come down to having good fuel.The J'rod wrote:That's awesome lowace sounds like your onto a winner, so are you still running standard compression with the new cam in
Its good to see people still modifying the holden engines as every man and his dog is going with Ls engines which I understand make easy power but in my opinion don't sound anywhere near as good as the holden V8