Naw_7s

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Naw_7s

Post by charlay86 »

has anyone figured out how to log the naw_7s over usb?
it shows up as a com port so it can't be too hard...
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Naw_7s

Post by Jayme »

I havent logged it, ive only displayed its data in the software guage that comes with it. theres no need really, I just log it in the aldl stream via the 5V linear output. logged data is next to useless anyway without the engine rpm's and map pressure to tell you what part of the fuel map its accessing...

I can imagine if its just serial data, you should be able to use a serial port monitor to listen to the data stream and see how to tap into it with oyur own logging software - or potentially a tuneprro def. depending on the baud rate it uses?
User avatar
charlay86
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:00 am
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)
Location: Perth, WA

Re: Naw_7s

Post by charlay86 »

well the plan is that I want to log one sensor for each exhaust bank, I need the linear input for the map sensor (its VT with an L67) besides surely the serial data is more accurate. I would use the logged data in conjunction with a TP log.