Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

I'l sleep tonight now :) good work mate
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by gtrboyy »

Damn you got vp ocd real bad mate.

Curious if these had horrible lighting from new?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

gtrboyy wrote:Damn you got vp ocd real bad mate.

Curious if these had horrible lighting from new?
No, they they had outrageously good lights, even when the reflectors are totally stuff they still work better than most import modern cars.
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by psyolent »

better than my vx berlina, those lights are shit as. my wifes s2 is the same, even when completely properly adjusted, shithouse.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

well yeah, thats expected with plastic lenses especially when they get old.

I found on VN-VS they can get worse than normal, as soon as you wash the glass and remove all contamination it brings the light output back to new. They are quite sensitive to lens contamination.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

Our old VN wasn't to bad once you did a bulb upgrade, never much liked the VS headlights, on the VX I changed to some after market units projector style and a bulb upgrade to get decent light output.
Dazza92VP
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:59 pm
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon
Location: Perth

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by Dazza92VP »

Maybe I should send you a set of my headlights vlad high beams great but low beam I'd have a better time with a candle I've tried different bulbs but no dice
gtrboyy
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores
Location: Sydney

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by gtrboyy »

Headlights on vp ute are worst I've ever had of any car....even my vh sle has better lights although it's same as above average on low beam & like a ufo on high beam.
HQ355
Posts: 1217
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
cars: HQ Holden

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by HQ355 »

I did a led conversion on my H4's in my HQ and it's like daylight,
And uses sweet f/a power compared to the old halogen ones I had ! Liked it so much did the same to my VE calais
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by immortality »

HQ355 wrote:I did a led conversion on my H4's in my HQ and it's like daylight,
And uses sweet f/a power compared to the old halogen ones I had ! Liked it so much did the same to my VE calais

More info please :)