VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Wiring diagrams and questions
User avatar
pman92
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
Location: Castlemaine, Vic

VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Post by pman92 »

Hey guys,
Just a question regarding interchangeability of engine looms.

On a VS V8 Auto engine loom, there is:
-A 7 pin connector near the ECU (containing ALDL, Diag test enable, fuel usage signal, VSS signal to speedo, ECU IGN supply, pwr/econ switch signal)

-A 6 pin connector (Battery +, Injector +, Fuel pump etc)
-A 8 pin connector (oil + temp + tacho signals, A/C + fan control)
Im not actually sure where these are located (guessing on the firewall near brake booster???)

Are these 3 connectors used on all VN-VS?
I know the 7 pin connector near the ECU looks similar to the VN loom I used a couple of years ago but don't remember the other 2.

I know there is other things different (speed sensor, BCM etc) that would stop you plugging a VS loom into a VN and it working, but are the 3 connectors used physically the same? Are the pin outs the same or similar?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Post by vlad01 »

The 2 in the engine bay are right next to the fuse/relay box. See pic, its the 2 on the right of the pic.

The one near the ECU, although physically fits I recall needs a conversion patch lead made or some repining. It also depends on which way its being converted, 808 style to VR/VS or the other way.

I fully documented this in the wiring section on the pinout and how to convert them but unfortunately photobucket fucked everything up so, no pics no info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.