Dylan wrote:I have one in the 12P custom tune thread VK355 have a look there at both coolant contribution and charge temp table. Its very consistent at all temps and weather. It runs a COME TTB intake.
I also recently tuned a 304 with a torque power and a 284 cam and it had some changes on both tables. It takes time the coolant contribution table is very sensitive small changes is the trick. It'll take lots of logs and back and forwards to get it right but well worth it.
Finally got it running today. Set the base timing, verified the fuel pressure, sorted out all the little issues like coolant leak and fans weren't running. Didnt have much of a chance to do anything tune wise.
I've made up a tune basing the coolant contribution and charge temp from your VK355 tune, with alot of timing pulled out and VE table that should be pretty rich to start on the safe side.
I understand now what you mean by very sensitive. It was running pretty rich as it warmed up, and didn't really come up from the minimum 10:1 on the wideband until way after it should have. We turned it off to sort out the fans, and after 5 minutes of the manifold heat soaking it became hard to start and was running lean. After a bit more heat soaking it wouldn't start at all until we let it cool down for an hour.
Now all the basics are set I'll get a log next time and get stuck into it. It will definitely be a challenge but looking forward to it.
Unsure if I should stay with the Vk355 coolant and charge temp tables or go back to a stock standard table and start from there?