DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

10 winbonds to test think it was 7 bucks for 10 of them off eBay
20170906_155325.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

27sf512 been running on the bench ecu with no inputs connected and logging with tunerpro for an hour so far works good next test noisy car environment to see if I can spike them dead in use
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

Tested a w27c512 works fine and dandy so far.man it's nice erase blank check program and verify faster than I can get the Uv eraser out and plugged in 21st century programming now lol $8 for ten think I'll buy 100 of them lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by Dylan »

You using sockets for them? Or soldering straight on? I hate soldering the sockets and don't want to risk cooking an EEPROM soldering it.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

I socket them all takes all of 5 minutes to remove old and resolder socket in place I've done hundreds lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

Trick to soldering the new socket is fine solder feed it from the inside of the socket beside the pins with the fine tip iron on the outside .I splashed out on a new digital adjustable temp iron waiting for it to arrive treated myself lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

I just stick the soldering iron tip in, and feel the solder, it flows right it, it helps having a fine tip. I have a goot iron which you can fit different tips to.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

I ordered another 10 w27c512 off ebay a week or 2 ago turns out was the same supplier I got these other ones off aliexpress lol so will have 20 from one person instead of 10 from 2 companies to text.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by delcowizzid »

For those interested in the different ecotec pressure valve spring we talked about earlier here's the old s1 out of the new doner block vs ecotec with the coils wound closer together and it's longer
20170927_212821.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: DELCOS NEW RIDE

Post by vlad01 »

interesting. Never seen that before. I'll check mine and see which of the 2 all my engine have.

I know from VN to VY all my springs were identical, though I never looked at a VN s1 one yet, only s2 throughout to VY