Hey all,
The intake pipe in my VX LS1 is cactus & needs replacing and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or opinions on the ProFlow version.
http://www.proflow.com.au/catalog/5738?prodtype=1
I've yet to get a price from the local stealership for an OEM pipe. Will do that tomorrow.
Thanks.
Chuff
ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
I have a VZ one here if they're compatible? Stock not aftermarket.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
Thanks Dylan.Dylan wrote:I have a VZ one here if they're compatible? Stock not aftermarket.
Not sure if they're interchangable or not, but I'm after a new one, not a used one, and I'm in Melbourne. Where are you?
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
South west Vic 3 hours south
-
HQ355
- Posts: 1217
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:53 pm
- cars: HQ Holden
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
Jhp (I think that's what there called) sell the HSV 300kw knock offs,
I had one on my old VX SS, came with everything for about $130. Didn't really notice a difference until time but then it was hang on time !
I had one on my old VX SS, came with everything for about $130. Didn't really notice a difference until time but then it was hang on time !
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
Thanks guys.
@HQ355
Went to their site & couldn't find it. Thanks anyway.
@Dylan
Looking into this and have found there are quite a few different ones. The one I need is this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-plas ... SwjvJZTHU4
Other pipes have different bends as the filter box outlet is a different angle, and some have the IAC sensor in the pipe, whereas my IAC is in the air box. Not sure which position is best, but I figure my PCM is programmed to suit IAC in the airbox, so changing might not be a good idea.
Is yours like the one pictured and is it used or new? If all good, PM me your price.
Thanks again guys.
Chuff
@HQ355
Went to their site & couldn't find it. Thanks anyway.
@Dylan
Looking into this and have found there are quite a few different ones. The one I need is this:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-plas ... SwjvJZTHU4
Other pipes have different bends as the filter box outlet is a different angle, and some have the IAC sensor in the pipe, whereas my IAC is in the air box. Not sure which position is best, but I figure my PCM is programmed to suit IAC in the airbox, so changing might not be a good idea.
Is yours like the one pictured and is it used or new? If all good, PM me your price.
Thanks again guys.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
I'll look tonight. No holes in the pipe as VZ ran the IAT in the MAF sensor (5 wire)
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
About 400mm long and a 90mm ID.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: ProFlow LS1 Intake Pipe
Thanks for the photos Dylan but I'm going to keep looking for one that is exactly the same as the original as I know it will fit exactly.
Thanks everyone for your input.
Chuff
Thanks everyone for your input.
Chuff
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs