Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
mikegmh
Posts: 2 Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:42 am
cars: SV89
Post
by mikegmh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:33 am
Hi gents,
This is all fairly new to me so please be kind
I have changed diff ratio from 3.08 to 3.45 in a VN. Running NVRAM 12P.
I have had a play with the PPK figure to attempt at getting the speedo to read correctly however adjustments have no effect on the speedo reading. Standard figure is 6248.14.
Is there something i'm missing?
gtrboyy
Posts: 197 Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:55 pm
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute torana bombadores
Location: Sydney
Post
by gtrboyy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:35 am
Fitting a variable resistor will do the trick or speedo corrector off festy in for sale section
Vn-p speedo is different to the later cars,wiring in centre dash near lighter/radio etc
Dylan
Posts: 3364 Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8
Post
by Dylan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 am
In VN the speed signal goes to the cluster then to the ECU through a divide by 10 circuit. Maybe you could wire it the other way like the later model's?
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi TX Gemini SR20 18psi Datsun 1200 Ute Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B Subaru WRX 2007
Post
by antus » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:14 am
Also search for "Q. How do I recalibrate a VN speedo? " in the FAQ area (see link near top right). There are details of the method gtrboyy mentioned there.
immortality
Posts: 3820 Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Post
by immortality » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 am
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ
Post
by delcowizzid » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 am
I do the variable resistor in stock gauge in place of a solid value resistor works pretty good for most conversions
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
Posts: 8549 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:46 am
What value do you end up getting for the different ratios? I might have to do this too since I haven't been able to get onto festy for about a year now.
I got 3.23 ratio and the other car will eventually get 3.45. So am I right to have calculated somewhere around 36-37K for these ratios?
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ
Post
by delcowizzid » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:55 am
Value unknown just tweak it till it matches GPS speed lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
Posts: 8549 Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S VP I executive VP II executive VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic
Post
by vlad01 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:02 am
fair enough.
Something like this I think should be right. 50K range.
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/trimmer-r ... s/5220007/
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ
Post
by delcowizzid » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:56 am
Jayme saved the page off the way back machine
download/file.php?id=10595
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem