Iv noticed that. The speed of loading pages is unreal, I forget if Iv clicked refresh as it loads almost instantly!antus wrote:Its worth mentioning ublock origin these days, as a competitor to add block pro. I hope you guys appreciate that absolutely nothing is blocked on this site though. No trackers, no adds, no google, no monitoring, nothing - just a plain fast web site.
Pi-Hole
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Pi-Hole
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
L67PSI
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
- cars: L67 VT Calais
Re: Pi-Hole
I also setup one of these last week, seems to be working well. I used the older Raspberry Pi B model. Also setting router DNS to the Raspberry Pi ip address is a good option. Makes it easier than setting DNS on each device.
Here is a helpful you tube guide for anyone interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytlAN18X5d0

Here is a helpful you tube guide for anyone interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytlAN18X5d0
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Pi-Hole
can you setup the Pi to be a complete router?
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Pi-Hole
It can indeed. Pi-hole does come with a full DHCP server.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Pi-Hole
yeah that would be handy. I don't even need a authentication or PPPoE, just auto detect for connecting the WAN from the NTD. So for me I only need routing and DHCP for the LAN side as well as port forwarding for game servers I occasionally run.
My router plays up sometimes needing a reboot and usually does a 2-3 times consecutively, the internet sometimes halts but there is no issues on the surface. A reboot or few fixes the problem.
My router plays up sometimes needing a reboot and usually does a 2-3 times consecutively, the internet sometimes halts but there is no issues on the surface. A reboot or few fixes the problem.
-
L67PSI
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
- cars: L67 VT Calais
Re: Pi-Hole
Updating Pi-Hole.
https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/how-do- ... i-hole/249
Details from above link. SSH into Pi-Hole, Run command pihole -up
Job done.
https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/how-do- ... i-hole/249
Details from above link. SSH into Pi-Hole, Run command pihole -up
Job done.
-
psyolent
- Posts: 1597
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
- cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes
Re: Pi-Hole
....it just doesn't get any easier huh.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington
VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
-
L67PSI
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:27 am
- cars: L67 VT Calais
Re: Pi-Hole
For anyone interested in blocking porn using the Pi-Hole, this may be useful.
https://mangolassi.it/topic/16905/add-p ... ur-pi-hole
https://mangolassi.it/topic/16905/add-p ... ur-pi-hole
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Pi-Hole
Block porn?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Pi-Hole
But why?