As per title I'm chasing a dead module for testing. VN - VT 5 litre.
If anyone has one which I know is rare let me know.
Thanks
Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
How many do you want? 
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
Anywhere from 1 to 100. One for now will do. I'm sure there's been thousands put in the bin over the year's.
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
I've got a faulty one dismantled and set up which has now mysteriously started working again
I was going to try and work out what was wrong with it but I've been lazy.
See my post here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... =31&t=5406
I was going to try and work out what was wrong with it but I've been lazy.
See my post here: https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewt ... =31&t=5406
-
pman92
- Posts: 667
- Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 12:50 pm
- Location: Castlemaine, Vic
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
I believe the fault with mine was the transistor that drives the main power transistor (silver round metal case on LH side of my photo - BSX 46/16) but haven't been able to prove it because it started working again.
That small metal case transistor is driven by an even smaller transistor (LH bottom of photo) which is driven by the 2 logic gate IC's (2x DIP IC's at bottom of photo)
That small metal case transistor is driven by an even smaller transistor (LH bottom of photo) which is driven by the 2 logic gate IC's (2x DIP IC's at bottom of photo)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
Good progress mate
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Wanted A Dead V8 Ignition Module
Thinking before I even clicked on the thread, "here is big G "how many do you want?"Biggvl wrote:How many do you want?