Hello, does anyone know if anything exists out there to read write these ECUs via J3 port? I need the whole memory with VID block for cloning purposes.
I used to swap the Intel / FoMoCo memory chip buy maybe it is possible to read / write it?
Thank you, Andy
Ford EEC IV / EEC V, 1986-2004 reading / writing
-
andy18
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm
- cars: disco2, disco3
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: Ford EEC IV / EEC V, 1986-2004 reading / writing
Hey Andy,
I've searched long & hard for how to do it also & didn't know the ford mo chip could be replaced to do it as I was told it uses multiple chips for the 1 complete file?
But with EEC-V so AU only onwards I think from memory they can be done with clone tools via the OBDII port!
I've searched long & hard for how to do it also & didn't know the ford mo chip could be replaced to do it as I was told it uses multiple chips for the 1 complete file?
But with EEC-V so AU only onwards I think from memory they can be done with clone tools via the OBDII port!
-
andy18
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm
- cars: disco2, disco3
Re: Ford EEC IV / EEC V, 1986-2004 reading / writing
One chip only on my 2000 Ford 7.3L diesel.VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hey Andy,
I've searched long & hard for how to do it also & didn't know the ford mo chip could be replaced to do it as I was told it uses multiple chips for the 1 complete file?
But with EEC-V so AU only onwards I think from memory they can be done with clone tools via the OBDII port!
andy